Nina's Question topic (1 Question atm)

C

crazedcougar

if by mass, you mean two, then yes. Also 90% of the posts i see on theHelper are duplicates, so do a good search of the forum before posting....

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
They are called TOPICS for a reason, 1 topic for a specific problem, the problem is the topic.

The topics then are archived in the forums so people can search for answers to their problems later, before posting. Its not spamming topics if your problem hasn't been answered before, which is very doubtful.

Nina

Reaction score
ya only 2 atm but in future i will have more questions.. and I always do a search..

back ontopic:

I did it but instead of 4 with 17 but it wont shoot anymore? and its for my maze when i walk past him he starts attacking me instead of the shade.. is this normal? this is my trigger-

Random Shooting
Events
Time - Every 4.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Remove Dummy_unit from the game
Unit - Remove Circle_of_power from the game
Set Random_Number[2] = Random_Number[1]
Set Random_Number[1] = Random_Number[(Random integer number between 1 and 17)]
If (Random_Number[2] Equal to Random_Number[1]) then do (Set Random_Number[1] = (Random integer number between 1 and 17)) else do (Do nothing)
Unit - Create 1 Circle of Power for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region[Random_Number[1]]) facing Default building facing degrees
Set Circle_of_power = (Last created unit)
Unit - Create 1 Shade for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region[Random_Number[1]]) facing Default building facing degrees
Set Dummy_unit = (Last created unit)
Unit - Order Mortar_Team to Attack Dummy_unit
Wait 2.00 seconds
Unit - Order Mortar_Team to Stop

and

Regions setup
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set Region[1] = shoot1 <gen>
Set Region[2] = shoot2 <gen>
Set Region[3] = shoot3 <gen>
Set Region[4] = shoot4 <gen>
Set Region[5] = shoot5 <gen>
Set Region[6] = shoot6 <gen>
Set Region[7] = shoot7 <gen>
Set Region[8] = shoot8 <gen>
Set Region[9] = shoot9 <gen>
Set Region[10] = shoot10 <gen>
Set Region[11] = shoot11 <gen>
Set Region[12] = shoot12 <gen>
Set Region[13] = shoot13 <gen>
Set Region[14] = shoot14 <gen>
Set Region[15] = shoot15 <gen>
Set Region[16] = shoot16 <gen>
Set Region[17] = shoot17 <gen>

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ohh, I am right now looking your posts. Hm... looks fine, about shooting else things- to prevent this change owner of that unit to neutral passive and turn shade/ ghoust owner too to neutral passive. He can' t shoot out of his actual range, that can cause this. I will soon post my reworked trigger what does what you want just hold on agin.

EDIT:
First go to Object Editor and look for Circle of Power (Large). It should be under Neutral Passive> Melee> Campaign> buildings ( If you don' t find it just browse all folders one by one from top and you will see it though. Even if you don' t find it then go to The Helper tutorial site and look for faq, somewhere on that site is written where you can find it.).
You need to change ability filed here- remove invurnability from that unit.
Now go find Mortar Team and edit these values ( When clicking on them use combination: Shift + double click on field what you are going to change. That will allaow greater values.):
Combat- Acquisition Range < Set it to max ( press number 9 until you get to limit).
Combat Attack 1- Range < Same as above.
Combat Attack 2- Range < Same as above.
( These are optional, but now our units are neutral, they will not hurt anybody anymore until we do not order them to do so. Just in case change these too.)
Stats- Sight Radius (Day) < Same as above.
Stats- Sight Radius (Night) < Same as above.
Now when our goals have changed ( Random point in region is sweet :D beacause it is even easyer to do. We can skip setting up our region arry and random number(s). Just delete them :)
New trigger itself looks like this:
Variables used:
Circle_Of_Power is unit variable with no starting value.
Mortar_Team is unit variable with no starting value.
Random_Point is point variable with no starting value.

Code:
Random Shooting
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Cleaning up before made unit, expecting this trigger has already ran once. --------
        Unit - Remove Circle_OF_Power from the game
        -------- Here should come too custom script to remove memory leak from "Circle_Of_Power" variable. --------
        -------- First we need to store point to variable so we can destroy it later ( Memory leaks... ). --------
        Set Random_Point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 1 Circle of Power (large) for Neutral Passive at Random_Point facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Circle_OF_Power = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order Mortar_Team to Attack Circle_OF_Power
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Order Mortar_Team to Stop
        -------- Here should come custom script what removes "Random_Point" leak. --------
I dunno where is "right" place for Circle_Of_Power variable memory leaking remove. I personaly think at start (After removing Circle of Power is good too, just have to wait 4 sec every time.).
Playable map area replace with your trigger. This trigger isn' t MUI ( Search/ read about MUI more by looking in tutorials section/ old threads).
And don' t forget to create Mortar Team at Map Initialization like this:
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
        Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
        Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
        Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
        Visibility - Disable fog of war
        Visibility - Disable black mask[/COLOR]
        Unit - Create 1 Mortar Team for Neutral Passive at (Center of Region 004 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Mortar_Team = (Last created unit)
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds[/COLOR]
Actions in grey are not nessesary, they are from my test map and do not interfear with "Shooting trigger" at all. I felt a lag when trigger fired first time, wonder how to fix it, ask from others that for sure beacause maze games need lag free gameplay.
Look under my post where I posted attached map with new "no limits" map.
Ps: From now on I can/ could remove my attachemants from post if I feel need fro space to attach new files(s)/ map(s). So it is temporary. It is provided as "fast look".
Enjoy ! Sooda​

Attachments

• Random_Mortar_Team_In_Action_No_Limits.w3m
    16.9 KB · Views: 61

Nina

Reaction score
okay on your map it seems to work in here i think to but how do i remove the minimum range? coz he wont fire when its to close to him..

Edit:nvm i found it myself:) thank you for the help i dont think i couldve done it alone

Nina

Reaction score
okay with 1 it worked verry sweet but i want to do 5 i made it and the circles appear but only mortar5 shoots at a spot i putted my triggers in this .txt file so my post isnt to long and hard to read.

Attachments

• mortarteamtrigger.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 72

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Um, Um I saied it isn' t MUI or didn' t I ? It could fixed with loop I make one. I will now read your txt file and give then my response. It is doable for sure for 5 Mortar Teams.
EDIT: Why they even should move out of area or just move they have attack range of 10000000 :confused: What you have done ?
EDIT: Oh, they never moved for me anywhere. Right now testing my new triggers.

EDIT: Now did trigger for 5 Mortar Teams, for now they are created on random points but you can change it how you like.
Variables used:
Circle_Of_Power is unit arry of 5( For RoC it should be 1).
Mortar_Team is unit arry of 5 ( Same as above).
n is integer variable and with no starting value.
Functions used:
Integer A can be found under > Function: For Loop Integer A.
When choosing value for arry click on function checkbox and scroll up there should be Loop For Integer A.

First creating 5 Mortar Teams:
Code:
Creating Mortar Teams
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set n = (n + 1)
        Set Random_Point[n] = (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit - Create 1 Mortar Team for Neutral Passive at Random_Point[n] facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Mortar_Team[n] = (Last created unit)
        -------- Here should come custom script what removes variable "Random_Point[n]". --------
        If (n Equal to 5) then do (Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)) else do (Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions))
        -------- After game start variable "n" should be removed. --------
^ Neutral Passive at Random_Point[n] change that to this: (Center of (Playable map area)) to see beauty of 5 Mortar Teams shooting at once. Use unit arry to creat them exact region where you want. Before of course you have to set up region arrys with action:
Code:
Set Region[1]= Region 0000 <gen>
Until all Mortar Team(s) regions are set up, so in that texample "Region[5]" would be last one.
Now Random Shooting:
New variables used:
Circle_Of_Power_Unit_Group is unit-group variable.
Code:
Random Shooting
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Removing Circle Of Powers. --------
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Circle of Power (large)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Circle_Of_Power_Unit_Group)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Circle_Of_Power_Unit_Group and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
        -------- Here should be unit-group variable "Circle_Of_Power_Unit_Group" memory leak removing. --------
        -------- First we need to store point to variable so we can destroy it later ( Memory leaks... ). --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Set Random_Point[(Integer A)] = (Random point in (Playable map area)))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Unit - Create 1 Circle of Power (large) for Neutral Passive at Random_Point[(Integer A)] facing Default building facing degrees)
        -------- Seting up Mortar Teams orders. --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Unit - Unpause Mortar_Team[(Integer A)])
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Unit - Order Mortar_Team[(Integer A)] to Attack Ground Random_Point[(Integer A)])
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Unit - Pause Mortar_Team[(Integer A)])
        -------- Here should come custom script what removes "Random_Point[Integer A]" & "Mortar_Team[Integer A]" leaks. --------
Now time to shoot is 3 sec, thought 5 Mortar Teams need more "time" for shooting ( Tested with 2 sec now and they don' t need 3 sec at all, so choose yourself.).
NB ! Do not use for other things same unit type- Circle of Power (large). They will be removed, use custom Circle of Powers or any other ( only not "large").
And attached map under my post ( After some time it could/ is removed due to short of space for my attachments).

Attachments

• Random_Mortar_Teams_In_Action_No_Limits.w3m
    18 KB · Views: 62

Nina

Reaction score
it could be it works without moving part but before i found minimum range they just moved to the circle closeer:s but now minimum range is 0 and it probably works without i just putted it there to be sure

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Man I really don' t want that your map will leak into pices so remove memory leaks for sure or you can say to your map: "bye, bye !". It is really important I will update my triggers. And you too try to find out how to destroy memory leaks.
EDIT: And about too long text ( with triggers) use
Code:
 tags the litte [B]#[/B] button on above your text typing field.
EDIT: Updated map triggers & attachmant so you know where are memory leaks.

Nina

Reaction score
I dont find the function for loop integer a :s also where can i find functions.. and in the first trigger there is 'set n = ...' do i have to make a variable called n? what typ variable?

also probably a verry dumb question but: when you want to place a unit in your map using the tool pallette its each time in a random rotation position but how do i change it lets say to always go with the face to me?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Nina said:
also probably a verry dumb question but: when you want to place a unit in your map using the tool pallette its each time in a random rotation position but how do i change it lets say to always go with the face to me?

Can' t find what ? I attached my map to post. Download it and you see where is For Loop Integer A. I found only that you have to double click on unit and change rotation from there. To get better results try our search function on top of forum.
I seriously suggest you to download my map if you don' t get something :( all answers are there.

EDIT: Yes you have to make n variable what is integer variable. See you are learning already not much more and you can do these thing on your own :)
EDIT: Fixed missing info with n variable and under For Loop A wrote little bit more wher to find it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.