Nina's Question topic (1 Question atm)

Nina

Reaction score
Nina's Question topic (1 question solved, 1 new)

Hi all,

This is my question topic to make it easier instead of making millions of threads i just post my questions here.

Roc things in tft:

crazedcougar said:
From my map:
- Variable array sizes have been specified (Trigger Editor)
- Custom doodad data have been specified (Object Editor)
- Custom ability data have been specified (Object Editor)
- Custom buff/effect data have been specified (Object Editor)
- Expansion-only terrain is being used
- Expansion-only weather effects are being used
- Expansion-only doodads/destructibles are being used
- Expansion-only units are being used
- Expansion-only items are being used
- Expansion-only abilities are being used
- Expansion-only sounds are being used
- Expansion-only custom data values are being used (Object Editor)
- Expansion-only trigger functions, types, or values are being used (Trigger Editor)
- Expansion-only loading screen has been specified (Loading Screen)
- Custom gameplay constants have been specified (Advanced->Gameplay Constants)
- Custom game interface has been specified (Advanced->Game Interface)
- Trigger functions with multiple sub-functions are being used (Trigger Editor)
- Custom script code has been specified (Trigger Editor)

As you can see, the roc editor is quite limited. You can view the above list through Scenario --> map discripion

Current question: I want to let a mortar shoot at a random point in a region i know how to do this part but lets say 1 second before he shoots on the spot he shoots there must appear a circle of power how do i do this? I know a trigger to do it in an other map but i got trouble with that:

canning part
Events
Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Move Circle of Power 0020 <gen> instantly to (Random point in cannon attack 4 <gen>)
Unit - Move Circle of Power 0018 <gen> instantly to (Random point in cannon attak 1 <gen>)
Unit - Move Circle of Power 0016 <gen> instantly to (Random point in cannon attak 2 <gen>)
Unit - Move Circle of Power 0019 <gen> instantly to (Random point in cannon attak 3 <gen>)

Cannon attak
Events
Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Order Virus 0002 <gen> to Attack Ground MyPoint[2]
Unit - Order Virus 0013 <gen> to Attack Ground MyPoint[4]
Unit - Order Virus 0014 <gen> to Attack Ground MyPoint[3]
Unit - Order Virus 0012 <gen> to Attack Ground MyPoint[1]
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyPoint[1])
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyPoint[2])
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyPoint[3])
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyPoint[4])

This is what i dont get what is the MyPoint thing and all please some help im a bit newbie in world editor:( thanks in advance

F

Freya Erdane

All that I know is avoid using the heroes in tavern, taverrn, marketplace, spell breaker,and other 3rd spellcaster for each race, nagas, 4th hero for each race, Unique market for each race, some triggers maybe...

Nina

Reaction score
ya the buildings and all i know but it are triggers, and tiles and all

H

herra-sika

do not use sunkern ruins :) but if you test your map we will warning that map is now frozen thorne only (and gives the reason)

V

VG Emblem

Not to be rude, but you really shouldn't limit yourself for that reason. Why don't your friends just get TFT? You can probably buy it for very cheap, probably under $15. And there's also other ways of aquiring it, although it might not be exactly...legal.

So what's stopping them from getting TFT?

D

deathtomato

Save often. If, since ur last save, u have included something from TFT it will say something, a message. I cant remember the exact message but it tells u its considered a TFT map, and therefore u can go back and un-add it.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Just continue making your map, and do what deathtomato says, save often. If you did something that makes the map a TFT map, it will tell you if you still want to save.

C

crazedcougar

From my map:
- Variable array sizes have been specified (Trigger Editor)
- Custom doodad data have been specified (Object Editor)
- Custom ability data have been specified (Object Editor)
- Custom buff/effect data have been specified (Object Editor)
- Expansion-only terrain is being used
- Expansion-only weather effects are being used
- Expansion-only doodads/destructibles are being used
- Expansion-only units are being used
- Expansion-only items are being used
- Expansion-only abilities are being used
- Expansion-only sounds are being used
- Expansion-only custom data values are being used (Object Editor)
- Expansion-only trigger functions, types, or values are being used (Trigger Editor)
- Expansion-only loading screen has been specified (Loading Screen)
- Custom gameplay constants have been specified (Advanced->Gameplay Constants)
- Custom game interface has been specified (Advanced->Game Interface)
- Trigger functions with multiple sub-functions are being used (Trigger Editor)
- Custom script code has been specified (Trigger Editor)

As you can see, the roc editor is quite limited. You can view the above list through Scenario --> map discripion

Nina

Reaction score
ok thanks all I think i know now how i gonna do it but i got a new question.

In my maze im making i have some mortars which i want to shoot at random places but before they shoot there appears a circle of power(crosshair) at the place they shoot. I saw this in other maze's like in hack maze but the one who made it didnt invented it i saw it long before and hack maze is unprotected by maker so people can learn from it just got one problem i cant open it:s so could you people please help me a bit with that trigger of the crosshair? thanks in advance.

Pahl

Reaction score
Create special effect or dummy unit with that model at the location the mortar attacks

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
VG Emblem said:
Not to be rude, but you really shouldn't limit yourself for that reason. Why don't your friends just get TFT? You can probably buy it for very cheap, probably under $15. And there's also other ways of aquiring it, although it might not be exactly...legal.

So what's stopping them from getting TFT?
indeed, on ebay you can get tft for $1-$5 approximately.
and, as mentioned above...if your map is tft then you'll get a message about it when saving.

Nina

Reaction score
at what location? the mortar shoots at random spots so i cant put it just on that specific spot

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Don' t worry all sees that here is one question to answer and they come to see it.
To make random shooting, it isn' t so "random" to us better it has to make illusion that it is random. you can do this:
I will edit this post with answer soon hold on, triggers for RoC.
Off Topic: I personaly have TFT but I wanted to make my first map too for RoC so I saved alot and looked that I havn' t used any TFT triggers. Why so ? Uhm... I think I wanted make map with background what has it' s own history from RoC already like DotA :( Btw you can even make somekind of limited "multiboard" in leaderboard. Only way to make custom abilities is to dedect original ones and add special effects or other fancy trigger effects.

EDIT: Now I got working random Mortar Team shooting with RoC triggers used and it even seems good to watch.
First we have to set by hand regions into arry ( Don' t use arry value in Variable field if you want to use this trigger in ROC.).
Variables used:
Region is region variable arry of none just arry with no starting value too ( If you don' t care about map extension then use arry of 4.).
Code:
Regions setup
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Region[1] = Region 000 <gen>
        Set Region[2] = Region 001 <gen>
        Set Region[3] = Region 002 <gen>
        Set Region[4] = Region 003 <gen>
Into Map Initialization or how you call that trigger what sets up thing on your map place these lines somewhere:
Variables used:
Mortar_Team is unit variable with no value.
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
        Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
        Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
        Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
        Visibility - Disable fog of war
        Visibility - Disable black mask[/COLOR]
        Unit - Create 1 Mortar Team for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region 004 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Mortar_Team = (Last created unit)
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds[/COLOR]
Actions in grey are just actions from my test map and do not make any difference in my trigger. All not greyed out actions are needed to put into Map Initialization. (Center of Region 004 <gen>) replace this with your region where to create Mortar Team what is going to shoot. Remember that Mortar Team should not ran while they start attacking/ shooting otherwise it could mess up timeing of trigger and they can' t never shoot in time.
Now comes the sweet part- "random" shooting !
Variables used:
Random_Number is Integer variable arry of none with no starting value ( Two beacause I wanted random check if last region was same as next then it will random new one and hopefuly it isn' t same, but that happens still but not so much and it seems like it really shoots randomly.). For TFT maps use arry of 2.
Dummy_Unit is unit variable with no starting value.
Circle_Of_Power is unit variable with no starting value.
Units used for this: Ghoust from Undead Melee units and Circle of Power can be found under: Neutral> Campaign ( Under Ashenvale, in Unit- Create 1... I don' t know where to find it under Tool Palette.). 3 seconds wasn' t enough beacause Mortar teams attacks slowly, still it can be changed with another dummy unit or even just giving Mortar Team attack boost aura :eek:
Code:
Random Shooting
    Events
        Time - Every 4.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Cleaning up before made units, expecting this trigger has already ran once. --------
        Unit - Remove Dummy_Unit from the game
        Unit - Remove Circle_OF_Power from the game
        -------- First we choose random number between our region arrys. --------
        Set Random_Number[2] = Random_Number[1]
        Set Random_Number[1] = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
        -------- Shooting one spot twice dosn' t seem random enough ? --------
        -------- Ok, it really gives just second change to not get same number but what will be oods, who knows ? --------
        If (Random_Number[2] Equal to Random_Number[1]) then do (Set Random_Number[1] = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Create 1 Circle of Power (large) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region[Random_Number[1]]) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Circle_OF_Power = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Shade for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region[Random_Number[1]]) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Dummy_Unit = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order Mortar_Team to Attack Dummy_Unit
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Order Mortar_Team to Stop
^ That does the trick, Ghoust is used for Dummy unit "Dummy" in this case so if you can add other modified things to him like no animation and/ or locust and invurnability. You just have to test by trial and error. Use The Helper.net tutorials to find out how to remove memory leaks and can they even removed in RoC maps. I don' t think removing model file from dummy unit is possible in RoC, You just have to be careful when modifing unit data try to "save" after each value change then it says is it TFT or RoC map and you know to change that value to defult. It is useful beacause there are many values what can be changed but not so many too. Lol sry model can be changed though I remember now it :) I even attach map so you can see how it works if you don' t find some actions or etc, if something isn' t understandable just ask I try to explane.

Attachments

• Random_Mortar_Team_In_Action.w3m
    17.7 KB · Views: 99

Nina

Reaction score
ok its looks real sweet but in the regions setup trigger: where you set Regions setup
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set Region[1] = Region 000 <gen>
Set Region[2] = Region 001 <gen>
Set Region[3] = Region 002 <gen>
Set Region[4] = Region 003 <gen>

those region 000 and so on are that the spots where mortar shoot? or for what are they? btw what your bnet name? then i can give you credit when my map is finished:)

Edit: I see it now but my idea was 1 big region where it in shoots the random thing but if this isnt possible in roc just tell me then il just make mass regions:p

Edit2: you mean i must make 2 Random_number variables? or what you mean?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.