Not feeling old enough?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
LOL not 50% of my check, 50% up to the first 6% that I defer.

So If I defere 120$, he pockets me $60.

So I defere 6% lately, so I get the full half. If I defere more, the match is the same. See?

So 2% of your check, or 2% of your deferal?

Like if you defere 120, do you get $2.10? That would suck bad yes.

At the start I was derfering 15% a while to get it going. Now it goes on its own - heh heh.

BTW I cant spell.

L

lordloki

401k is only good if the company that handle's it allows you to diversify on your own. For example, my wife's company forces her to keep a certain amount vested with her company.. piss on that.

Regardless. IRA's return divedends usually yeild 3-4 times as much as a 401k, althought the extra money from your employer helps, if you manage it right, you can make a considerable amount more with it.

Anyway.. it was a rhetorical/humorous statement to begin with.. Ie... Making me worry about retirement, getting older.. etc.

<-- Once again, his dry ass humor is misundertsood.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
yeah, it was 2% of my deferral. AND they only put in their portion at the end of the year...which was only like 35 bucks anyway - which wasn't mine to place until it was in there for 1 year and became vested UGH. Since we transferred and I am not working there anymore no more money is going into it. I think I may transfer it all into the government thrift savings plan.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
what is 401k? if it is not the name of something, then ryoko you are one rich dude....

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A 401k is a retirement plan usually sponsored by a person's work here in the US. Employers will match employee contributions usually up to a certain percentage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.