Occlusion?

Handless

Reaction score
Hey,

Since i made some realistic sized trees on my map, they tend to be blocking your vision. Question is; How can i make occlusion work? Whatever i do, the trees will never turn transparent, no matter how badly they are blocking my vision and how many units i have under them.

I have tried the "Enable occlusion for player" action, but it seems to have no effect.. It should work, since when i play normal games, the trees always turn transparent when blocking the vision. I have also tried to setting the occlusion height to different values between 0 and 1000 but it doesnt do anything..

So how in the heck i make the occlusion to work? :confused:

Thanks,
Handless

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
I think what "occlusion" does is that if a unit/hero has less occlusion height then that of a building or destructible or another unit then it's vision will be blocked when it gets near them. So you can set occlusion height to 0 for all treas so they don't block vision/sight.

I am not sure how the transparency of the trees works/kicks in (I think you have to go very close to them with worker?). I really can't remember seeing it lately in ladder/melee games.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
The common trick is to use custom tree models with an animation that turns them transparent and then just play that animation for those trees when your hero comes near them.

( Or when they are blocking your camera, if you have a camera system, so you always know where your camera is. )

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
If its not to plane just make the camera at a 90 degree angle from the ground.. You'd be looking straight down though. :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.