OH MY HOLY TROLL!!! (about this site)

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
OH MY HOLY TROLL!!!!!!!!

I was bored (was procrastinating, wanted to post a request for some map help and realised that i didnt know what i wanted help about... anyone else ever get that?)

anyway.... i started browsing through this site.......

after an hour of flipping through it, my brain crumbled.

THIS PLACE IS BIGGER THAN THE DR. WHOS" TARDIS

I dont know much about programming, or thingies, or stuff. But i seem to get the feeling that this place is complex. It amazes me.

HOW ON EARTH DO YOU MANAGE?????????

i have enough trouble keeping my e-mail INBOX running properly

so i spose........ what i am saying is

WOW.. WELL DONE.. and errrrrr congrats... from a rather useless member who doesnt know much about these things and is poleaxed.

(imagine a cave man looking at a... a... technical thingiemajig)

anyway, so this is my little chat. to anyone who reads it.

And something i wanted to know.... its confusing me

How on earth did i score ten rep points?????

I haven't helped anybody

and i been somewhat impatient........ which I like to add, is going to stop since i have realised the size of this place.

So from me to the senior members, and the mods.

HEllo, I will be a better memebr from now on (fingers crossed)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The Administrators will give users reputation from time to time, and Administrator rep gives 10 or so points each.

Red Beard

Reaction score
maybe i got 10 points credit :). (it would make sense)

geez. i wonder if they could be traded for stuff, or redeemed at participating outlets etc.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I look at it like it is, it's reputation, and I don't like trade-offs or begging for reputation. You'll get reputation if you do a good job, and you'll earn it, even if the person your helping doesn't give it to you, then the Administrators will. Begging will just get it lower.

That would be cool if you could sell online rep for money, eh? :)

Red Beard

Reaction score
no i meant...

i have ten points.

and i can spend them at wall mart online

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope - you can't spend them online. The whole reputation thing is new for this site. I just activated it a few weeks ago. I imagine over time as people use the reputation system it will be better understood. I also need time to learn the reputation system so I can incorporate it into the site. For now those 10 points probably mean little or nothing to you or alot of users but for the admins, it tells us a little bit and as we use it longer it will tell us more.

Also do not think that I went in and did this whole site by myself. I did not. This whole site is the work of a bunch of different people, from Tenderfury who designed the website, to Chile who takes care of the forums, to SD_Ryoko who designed and did alot of the tutorials on the Tutorials site, to all the moderators who help maintenance the forums, and for all the people that help here. I basically pay the bills and try to manage people to get projects done to improve the site.

This site is the work in progress of people just like you who stuck around and decided to give something back.

Peace and thanks for posting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.