Okay. Complicated question.

gunnershotz

Reaction score
Im on a asking spree today, because im building a map for my clan, and everybody gets to have a couple of custom things they want. And of course, Everything they want, is everything that i dont know how to do XD

So with my luck, One of the people asks this:

"I would love for him to be in an off-limits library with no access until the character code is inserted. The secret chamber would simply teleport people out if they went into it. I would want it to be hidden by a Line-of-sight blocker with a bookshelf you can walk in and out of, simply passable. Then the secret chamber is just a library with many bookshelves and a desk, as well as a unique book which grants great power and can teleport anybody who has the book to one of their structures."

How do I even BEGIN with that??

Napenthe

Reaction score
Well, the book seems easy enough. copy one of the +stat books, change 'Stats - use automatically when aquired' to false if you want and add the 'Item town Portal' ability.
You could maybe give the item to the hero when he gets close to a particular bookshelf? Maybe yes? No?

If you want the secret area to only be accessable to the one hero you can set up a region in front of the entrance that checks for that unit and removes a pathing blocker if they are the entering unit (and replace the blocker when any other unit enters region). Or better yet, make an entry and an exit region that remove/replace the blocker when a unit leaves the region. This may prevent other players from piggy backing into the room. (or go with the "teleport people out if they went into it" idea)
For the "character code", you could give the unit a keycard type item or rig up a dialog to serve as a pushbutton code entry.

I reccomend placing the desk on the east wall of the room with bookshelves along the north (feng shui). Maybe a nice shrubbery with another shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle...

errr... that's all i got

gunnershotz

Reaction score
Okay, Can you explain how to do the region part? I understand the book, But Im having trouble the other part.

Napenthe

Reaction score
this should work:
Set up small regions just to the inside and outside of your entrance.
Set a path blocker in the bookshelf or in the path of the entrance
At initialzation set your variable for the blocker ('Block_Variable' here)
The code could look something like this...

Trigger:
  • secret room entrance
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 000 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 001 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Leaving unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Remove Block_variable
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Destructible - Remove Pathing Blocker (Ground) 0000 <gen>
          • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Position of Block_variable) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
          • Set Block_variable = (Last created destructible)
        • Else - Actions

Not pretty but that's basically what's needed. Change the condition and add variables to suit. And it could be cleaned up for memory leaks.
This trigger removes th pathing blocker for .5 seconds when the unit leaves either of the regions.

Edit: And you could maybe use a string variable to id the player. Someone else would hae to help you with that.

gunnershotz

Reaction score
But what if I want any colored user whos user name is his name for it to work for, instead of just player 1 red?

Napenthe

Reaction score
By using a string comparison > Player - Player name
The condition would look like this:
Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Fat_Mike

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.