Okay. Complicated question.

gunnershotz

Reaction score
Im on a asking spree today, because im building a map for my clan, and everybody gets to have a couple of custom things they want. And of course, Everything they want, is everything that i dont know how to do XD

So with my luck, One of the people asks this:

"I would love for him to be in an off-limits library with no access until the character code is inserted. The secret chamber would simply teleport people out if they went into it. I would want it to be hidden by a Line-of-sight blocker with a bookshelf you can walk in and out of, simply passable. Then the secret chamber is just a library with many bookshelves and a desk, as well as a unique book which grants great power and can teleport anybody who has the book to one of their structures."

How do I even BEGIN with that??

Napenthe

Reaction score
Well, the book seems easy enough. copy one of the +stat books, change 'Stats - use automatically when aquired' to false if you want and add the 'Item town Portal' ability.
You could maybe give the item to the hero when he gets close to a particular bookshelf? Maybe yes? No?

If you want the secret area to only be accessable to the one hero you can set up a region in front of the entrance that checks for that unit and removes a pathing blocker if they are the entering unit (and replace the blocker when any other unit enters region). Or better yet, make an entry and an exit region that remove/replace the blocker when a unit leaves the region. This may prevent other players from piggy backing into the room. (or go with the "teleport people out if they went into it" idea)
For the "character code", you could give the unit a keycard type item or rig up a dialog to serve as a pushbutton code entry.

I reccomend placing the desk on the east wall of the room with bookshelves along the north (feng shui). Maybe a nice shrubbery with another shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle...

errr... that's all i got

gunnershotz

Reaction score
Okay, Can you explain how to do the region part? I understand the book, But Im having trouble the other part.

Napenthe

Reaction score
this should work:
Set up small regions just to the inside and outside of your entrance.
Set a path blocker in the bookshelf or in the path of the entrance
At initialzation set your variable for the blocker ('Block_Variable' here)
The code could look something like this...

Trigger:
  • secret room entrance
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 000 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 001 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Leaving unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Remove Block_variable
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Destructible - Remove Pathing Blocker (Ground) 0000 <gen>
          • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Ground) at (Position of Block_variable) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
          • Set Block_variable = (Last created destructible)
        • Else - Actions

Not pretty but that's basically what's needed. Change the condition and add variables to suit. And it could be cleaned up for memory leaks.
This trigger removes th pathing blocker for .5 seconds when the unit leaves either of the regions.

Edit: And you could maybe use a string variable to id the player. Someone else would hae to help you with that.

gunnershotz

Reaction score
But what if I want any colored user whos user name is his name for it to work for, instead of just player 1 red?

Napenthe

Reaction score
By using a string comparison > Player - Player name
The condition would look like this:
Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Fat_Mike

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.