One last fix and i finish my map PLEASE HELP HERE

darknony

Reaction score
Im just trieng to make copys of units here. :banghead:

All the online tortorials didnt much help because when i try to place the unit on the field i always get a black spier.

When I look at the actors of the unit (i mean i do "preview object") all i get to see is that its a black spier.

This happens always and no matter how i create this copy of my marine, i mean i tried to:
duplicate object on the unit, add object and with the selection of a copy from marine and ofc to duplicate the actor which it seems also duplicates the units as well.

Guys i almost finished my map and this is the only thing holding me from my alpha playable version.

my poor head will crack if i bang it on the wall one more time.
Please help

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
First of, what's a spier?

Anyways I'm guessing that you are not getting the model to show, my first guess for this would be that when duplicating the default action of the data editor is to make the path of the model a duplicate aswell, dont have the editor on this PC but a quick example would be:

Original:
path/path/marine/marine.m3

Duplicated:
path/path/marine2/marine2.m3

So simply enter the model properties within the data editor and alter the path to be the same as the original unit, can easily be done by right clicking the field something like "Reset field value" > "Marine", not exactly, but something similar.

Hope this helps, if not, explain more what the problem is1

darknony

Reaction score
Amm i think i found the problem but im not sure.

When i duplicate the unit i dont get the actor so i go duplicate the actor also.
Now this is when it all goes wrong. When i look at the art models of the duplicated actor i see they are all empty. Remember this is when I look at the preview of the actor and i get a black sphere (yea lol i misspelled that last time).
When i look at another actor then come back the the duplicated actor i go to look at his art models and then i find somehow they got filled while i was not looking (i checked, it only fills up when im looking at another actor) and is now all "marine copy2" or "marine copy 3", depends on the amount of times i did this ofc.

Because the actor is still a black sphere i then change all this art models to the original marine one then i hit preview again and WALLA IT WORKS :D

Only when i look back on the units bar the new WORKING ACTOR is somehow gone. i mean wtf? :nuts:

Edit: i should add that when i put the copy of the units on the fields they actualy work and dont turn out a black sphere.
Still this has all been very confusing and if someone could tell me what just happened i would very appreciate it.
Also i wouldnt want it to make some buggs later on.
Also he seems to have a shield that i dont know how to take it off him.

Another Edit: Yea the copy marines death animation doesnt work. Is it posible i got an outdated editor or something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.