Operation Homefront

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Operation Home Front
Name Pending​

An extremely difficult survival game where players defend their base camp along with themselves.

Players choose between a multitude of heroes all which fall into 6 types.

• Tank - Unit whose primary goal is to keep other units from attacking team mates with much lower health.
  • Nuke - Unit whose goal is to deal as much damage as possible and quickly eliminate the enemies attacking the tank
  • Healer - Unit whose main goal is to keep your other allies from dieing
  • Tank/Nuke - Unit which deals damage according to the amount of damage he takes. While is has a slight ability to tank, it will need healing in situations when a primary tank wouldn't. It also deals less damage then a primary nuke
  • Nuke/Heal - Unit which heals allies according to how much damage it deals to enemies. It deals less damage and heals for less then a nuke or healer primary.
  • Heal/Tank - Unit which heals according to the amount of damage he takes. While is has a slight ability to tank, it will need healing in situations when a primary tank wouldn't. It also heals for less then a primary Heal

While character selection and play style are main aspects of the game, a secondary effect on players would be Key Points around the map which the players are defending. The points include:
Observatory - Provides sight to the main pathway which the enemies come from. This can be a massive tactical advantage because some heroes have an attack range and acquisition range which are much further then their sight range.
Power Plant - Provides power to various user equipment. Without a power plant a player cannot buy items from their base camp shops nor can they place automatic sentries to help fend off the enemies and all auto sentries already on the map lose the ability to attack (they can still be attacked though) As well as shutting off equipment, losing the power plant turns off all lights around your base and around the map, reducing your sight radius during the night by 75%

Terrain

Heroes as of now.

Machine Gunner [Nuke]-
Average damage / health / speed
abilities -
Under mounted Grenade Launcher - Shoots an explosive fragmentation grenade at the targeted area dealing 100 - 400 damage

Stem Pack - Heals target ally for 15-30 health a second for 5-10 seconds

Sprint - Doubles your speed while active drains 3-1 mana per second

AC-130H - Spectre Airstrike - Call in a AC130H airstrike to deal massive damage
Sub Machine Gunner [Nuke] -
High damage / Low Health / High Speed
abilities

Camouflage - For 20 - 50 seconds you have 90% chance to evade attacks

Steady Aim - For 10 - 15 seconds you deal 80 - 100% more damage

-Unknown-
Heavy Machine Gunner [Tank]-
Low damage / High Health / High Speed
abilities
Taunt - Causes 7 - 20 nearby enemies to attack you

Armor Lock - You move 120 - 90% slower but take 25 - 50% less damage. Drains 1 mana a second

Grenade - Throws a grenade that deals 100 - 500 damage to target location

[Passive] Absorption - Gain 50% health every time you take damage
Shotgunner [Nuke/Heal]-
High Damage / Low Health / Low Speed
abilities
Fully Auto - For 5 - 10 seconds attack 100 - 300% faster

[passive] Courage - Every time you attack an enemy all your allies gain 10 - 30 health
Combat Medic [Heal]-
Low damage / Mid Health / Mid Speed
abilities -
Stem Shield - Places a shield that heals all allied units in range gain 50 - 100 health per second

-unknown-

Novocaine - For 10 seconds nearby allies take 60% less damage
Engineer [Nuke]-
High Damage / Mid Health / Low Speed
abilities -
C4 Trap - Places a c4 patch which when detonated deals 500 - 1500 damage

Missile Turret - Places a missile turret that lasts for 30 - 60 seconds and deals 65 - 240 damage

Air strike - Call in an air strike dealing 900 damage to all nearby enemy units.
Flamer [Nuke/Tank]-
High Damage / Mid Health / High Speed
abilities
Inferno - All nearby enemies take 200-400 damage

Bring The Heat - Increases all nearby allies attack speeds by 30 - 60% for 20 - 30 seconds

[Passive] Backfire - Every time you take damage, all nearby enemies take 50 - 100% of the damage you took

Napalm - Sets an area on fire dealing 50 damage per second for 10 seconds and set the effected units on fire dealing 20 damage for 10 seconds

Progress:
Terrain: | | | | | | | | | |
Triggers: | | | | | | | | | |
Custom Units: | | | | | | | | | |
Abilities: | | | | | | | | | |
Game Play: | | | | | | | | | |

-Game Play Screenshots coming soon-

Version 0.04 is up.
Win Lose + Revival system implemented. More Skills Wave Counter all added along with other various little things.

Comments please :)

Also I still need ideas for heroes and abilities so any input would be nice you also get +rep per post(with idea) until I cant give any more :)

Attachments

• Operation Home Front v0.04.w3x
    260.9 KB · Views: 233

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Are you going to have players pick their hero or all start with a Marine or like Red = This Blue = That Teal = That and Purp = That?
I suggest you let 'em pick.
Also this is based infront of a house?

Sajin

Reaction score
basically everyone has got the same hero/unit but you can buy items to personalize your play style like Separate guns mods to increase your damage/attack speed, explosives, sentry guns etc. and its takes place on an island or like a harbor and your defending the top of the hill (your base camp) but you only get one life a round (if you die you stay dead unless the rest of your team can beat the wave) and if you all die well you lose :p lol

edit
just caught the joke :p and no
home front n.
The civilian population or the civilian activities of a country at war.

Sajin

Reaction score
Bump
Finished terrain screenshots should be up soon

edit
terrain is up :)

Sajin

Reaction score
Bump
Heroes [names pending] ->

Machine Gunner -
Average damage / health / speed
abilities -
Under mounted Grenade Launcher - Shoots an explosive fragmentation grenade at the targeted area dealing 100 - 400 damage

Sentry Gun - Summons a sentry gun that lasts 20 - 60 seconds
Sub Machine Gunner -
High damage / Low Health / High Speed
abilities

Camouflage - For 20 - 50 seconds you have 90% chance to evade attacks

-Unknown-
Heavy Machine Gunner -
Low damage / High Health / High Speed
abilities
Taunt - Causes 7 - 20 nearby enemies to attack you

Armor Lock - You move 120 - 90% slower but take 25 - 50% less damage. Drains 1 mana a second

Grenade - Throws a grenade that deals 100 - 500 damage to target location

[Passive] Courage - Gain 1 - 5 health every time you take damage
Shotgunner -
High Damage / Low Health / Low Speed
abilities
Fully Auto - For 5 - 10 seconds attack 100 - 300% faster

-unknown-
Combat Medic -
Low damage / Mid Health / Mid Speed
abilities -
Stem Shield - Places a shield that heals all allied units in range gain 50 - 100 health per second

Novocaine - For 10 - 20 seconds target ally takes 60% less damage

-unknown-
Engineer -
High Damage / Mid Health / Low Speed
abilities -
C4 Trap - Places a c4 patch which when detonated deals 500 - 1500 damage

Missile Turret - Places a missile turret that lasts for 30 - 60 seconds and deals 65 - 240 damage

-unknown-
Flamer
High Damage / Mid Health / High Speed
abilities
Napalm - Sets an area on fire dealing 30-50 damage per second for 10 - 20 seconds

[Passive] Bring The Heat - Increases all nearby allies attack speeds by 30 - 60%

-unknown-

-unknown-
Progress so far is up

Heroes in spoiler are old look at first post for updated heroes

Sajin

Reaction score
Medic should be able to make potions or something?
And I think Engineer could be able to make barricades.

I figured a shop would be more helpful towards that end because I don't want people pressuring the medic to make the potions and complaining because that's why they died

I also wanted to keep the engineer from having a barricade because i dont want it just to be camp inside the spawn with sentries and barricades and hold out. besides it would most likely keep people from easily getting out and around to reactivating the power plant and observatory (im thinking about removing the merc camp or giving it a separate purpose)

If a did add barricades I would either create a limit to how many there could be per engineer and give the heroes a jump ability, or create a siege unit which smashes through them easily and create a flying unit

But also how would you propose the medic making potions? it would seem kind of silly to have him randomly popping out potions to the team from no where. I could add maybe a scavenging system where if you find certain minerals you can make health and mana pots or something similar. Any thoughts?

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Well the potions would be theres a herb area, with lots of doodads and its green. And you need an empty vial and when you cast Make Potion it makes a random one. Either mana or health.

Sajin

Reaction score
Well the potions would be there's a herb area, with lots of doodads and its green. And you need an empty vial and when you cast Make Potion it makes a random one. Either mana or health.

Basically, I was thinking more like you have herbs like ginseng which would increase your mana by a little amount but if you combine it with another ginseng you gain 200% of them combined, like say 1 ginseng gives you 10 mana then 2 mixed would give you 40 then a max of 3 herbs mixed to make a ginseng that restores mana for 150 and you can combine different herbs to make different potions, but if I did implement this system then I wouldn't want to make it something primarily important. I mean who in times of war goes around looking for herbs casually ;p. Maybe I can have the enemy units drop helpful items like Medicine and Herbs and a combat medic could take those and make them more potent :)

Sajin

Reaction score
Redid first post and uploaded an updated map with more skills and available heroes

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Uh should it be red gets 3 heroes?

And for the Stem Pack make it an ally because its not aoe heal its single target.

Add a sniper-rifle [not a class to pick] you have to buy for 100 gold. Would be good because high dmg, 1200 or something range and below average attack speed.

If you want spelling errors: its Barrel not Berral for Explosive Barrel in shop.

Need some reviving. Atleast a faster one because... No heroes are reviving.

Give us vision of light blue? I can't see and the shop is getting dmged.

Make shop invulnerable.

Make base upgradable and make it able to go into. Like an area at top left that has healing etc if theres no medic, if hes out of mana, or the medic left.

Also medic should have a 10 mana cost spell to heal 50 mana of its self. Or allies.

Ammo system? Making the bullets decrease each shot.

Followup to top, a spell that is Pocketknife lets you go melee and gives you extra damage and some passive spell called Deadly Edge that is critical strike or something. And there would be a spell like Knife Boomerang and you would throw your knife at a target area [making you unable to attack of course] and then after 10 seconds it comes back and you can attack again, but the knife would cut enemies touched by the blade. Aka a wave that is an oval that makes you unable to attack.

Sajin

Reaction score
Uh should it be red gets 3 heroes?

no I just had it so you could see what some of the heroes at full level are like (and playing it solo with 1 hero is impossible without cheats)

Add a sniper-rifle [not a class to pick] you have to buy for 100 gold. Would be good because high dmg, 1200 or something range and below average attack speed.
as in like it has a spell you can use?

Need some reviving. Atleast a faster one because... No heroes are reviving.
I haven't put one in yet but the system is only going to revive between waves.

Give us vision of light blue?
explain?

Ammo system? Making the bullets decrease each shot.
Its gonna be hard enough for them just surviving :) lol

And for the Stem Pack make it an ally because its not aoe heal its single target.
its going to be self target-able as well but the one in the game is the medics ultimate. its basically an AoE stem pack on steroids

Make shop invulnerable.
forgot about that lol

Followup to top, a spell that is Pocketknife lets you go melee and gives you extra damage and some passive spell called Deadly Edge that is critical strike or something. And there would be a spell like Knife Boomerang and you would throw your knife at a target area [making you unable to attack of course] and then after 10 seconds it comes back and you can attack again, but the knife would cut enemies touched by the blade. Aka a wave that is an oval that makes you unable to attack.
the boomerang idea i like but im not sure if the pocket knife part would go along with the map because they're already shooting at you from a range until you get to the harder levels

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
The sniper gun would just be like another class except you click the item, your the class permanently. If you want it to be temporarily it would give you a spell called Unequip and if you cast it the item goes in your inventory and you get your class back.

We can't see light blue, the ally aka the owner of the shop and base tent.

Sajin

Reaction score
The sniper gun would just be like another class except you click the item, your the class permanently. If you want it to be temporarily it would give you a spell called Unequip and if you cast it the item goes in your inventory and you get your class back.

Then why not make it a completely different hero?

We can't see light blue, the ally aka the owner of the shop and base tent.

Oh this was purposeful. I wanted to keep visibility between players red, blue, teal, purple, and light blue hidden since any extra visibility gives an advantage. Besides it adds a completely different experience when you got to keep tabs on where your team mates are going :) although I will add a visibility region to the base came area

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
If you don't choose a class within a time it says All heroes have died you lose?

Flamethrower spell Inferno: Its Pillar not Piller [Tell me if you don't care about spelling mistakes]

Lower the dmg of first wave, if all of the units target 1 hero that hero dies fast. Or increase hp of heroes.

Disable teamkill some abuser could kill the sentry guns and ruin the game.

Add mana potions.

Timers so you know when the next wave is.

Engineer spell, its Missile not Missle. And Immobile not Immoble.

Capitalize barrel for the explosive barrel?

Combat Medic Description captialize first letter?

Combat Medic Stem Shield last word isn't allys its allies.

Make it if enemies kill base its defeat/victory not all heroes die.

Give Assaulter another spell.. Most likely a critical strike renamed.

Heavy Machine Gunner should have less range, unless its like a Machine Sniper.

Barrel should explode on death dealing dmg, it just disappears after like 10 seconds..

Sub Machine Gunners get like more spells...

Make the heroes get actual names not just Default string.

Make a Quests section, the maker of the models might want credits :p .

Sajin

Reaction score
If you don't choose a class within a time it says All heroes have died you lose?
You technically have until the first unit dies lol :) // Fixed
Flamethrower spell Inferno: Its Pillar not Piller [Tell me if you don't care about spelling mistakes]
I care about them lol :p Im a horrible speller so I need the help :D // Fixed
Lower the dmg of first wave, if all of the units target 1 hero that hero dies fast. Or increase hp of heroes.
What hero type are you using? Because a lot of the heroes have the ability to solo up to at least wave 4 (sub machine gunner[mainly because camouflage is way overpowered] unless I uploaded before I put camouflage in?) Heavy Machine Gunner (armor lock needs a buff as well but its still powerful) Flamer (if used right and you stay near the sentry guns)

Disable teamkill some abuser could kill the sentry guns and ruin the game.
The sentries actually get pretty insignificant and die quickly later in the game, but I plan on having a way to buff up your base and add extra shops and defenses but yes I will disable team killing :) // Fixed

Add mana potions.
will be in by 0.05 or 0.06

Timers so you know when the next wave is.
Atm I currently have the wave speed based on the movement speed of the "boat" which if you use iseedeadpeople you'll see it move along the river and when it reaches the end it starts the new wave (I did this to more easily be able to add upgrades which slow the wave interval between each (like getting an upgrade from the base camp which slows the movement speed of the boat by like 25 - 75%

Engineer spell, its Missile not Missle. And Immobile not Immoble.

Capitalize barrel for the explosive barrel?

Combat Medic Description captialize first letter?

Combat Medic Stem Shield last word isn't allys its allies.
noted :) // Fixed
Make it if enemies kill base its defeat/victory not all heroes die.
I wanted to add a extra difficulty to the game by having only 1 life a wave. But I plan on adding a mode where your only goal is defending the base camp :)
Give Assaulter another spell.. Most likely a critical strike renamed.
noted :) il probably replace stem on him with a critical strike
Heavy Machine Gunner should have less range, unless its like a Machine Sniper.
Will Do :) // Fixed
Barrel should explode on death dealing dmg, it just disappears after like 10 seconds..
It should? it might just be the enemies are attacking it from the unrevealed area. But it is triggered to damage upon death. Il probably make it so the barrels have ghost so enemies can't attack them // Fixed I think, haven't tested it yet
Sub Machine Gunners get like more spells...
all heroes will have 4 skills in total. Im trying to balance between 1 team buff 2 person buff and 1 ultimate per hero
Make the heroes get actual names not just Default string.
working on it :) lol
Make a Quests section, the maker of the models might want credits :p .
also working on it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.