opinions on this keyboard movement system?

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
I'm making the controlls for a keyboard movement system, I would like to see what people think about it so far.
(I have posted an earlier version of this system about a month ago, I've fixed alot of the problems since then.)

the controlls are as follows:
Arow keys for movement
Double press left or right to strafe
Hold up and down to walk slowly
Q= Horizontal Slash (Repel while in defensive)
W= Vertical Slash
E= Shield Bash (defensive)
S= Defensive stance
Del= Overhead View
V= Third person view
F= Enter/Exit target mode
(Exit target mode is a bit buggy, I must have forgotten to save after fixing that)

I would also like somebody to volunteer for online testing (It's hard to get a good feel for the game when smashing targets that dont fight back, and I havn't started an AI system for this yet)

Attachments

• Arena.w3x
    60.9 KB · Views: 172

TBear

Reaction score
This system is pretty well done! One thing I noticed was that while walking diagonally, the unit normally walked in a 45 degree direction, but certain times it also walked in a direction of 70 degrees etc. (from 10-80). Also if holding the Left and the pressing Up, the unit often ignores the last command, and keeps running left /:Other than that, there were no major problems (;

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
very interesting... i like it. :thup: the strafe looks kinda funny, he looks like half his body is facing one way (say 0 degrees) and the other half the other way (90 degrees)

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty neat though the bug with autolocking (as stated in your original post) is a nuisance. Other than that, A+ :)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
one bad thing is if you slash while walking, you start sliding while walk sound still plays :eek:

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
one bad thing is if you slash while walking, you start sliding while walk sound still plays :eek:

yea, unfortunately there is no animation for attacking while walking; I'm thinking of looking for a person to make a footman model with advanced anims.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
you could disable walking when the footman attacks, OR make walking "cancel" out attacks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.