Outbreak. Critics welcome.

Gravit

Reaction score
So I'm working on a map with Zombie Hunter-like gameplay. For those of you who haven't played that series, it's basically a team game where you all start off with 1 hp and have to work together to make it through the map.

This new game is called "Outbreak" and has a resident evil type story line to it. The players are allied as a team of mercenaries flown in to investigate a spreading virus. The enemies start off as aggressive guards and animals and move on to mutate into different monsters later in the game.

I've put a lot of focus for this game into the hero abilities. There are 12 mercenaries total, each with 10 levels of 7 unique skills. Each player has a blacksmith that holds all his upgrades and hero skill researches. You gain 1 lumber every time your hero levels, allowing you to research a new hero ability. You also use gold from killing enemies towards upgrading your mercenary's hit points, damage, range, attack speed and mana.

The game still needs a lot of work as I'd put it at about 25% complete right now. So far it has a good 2-3 hours of gameplay with 8 completed heroes and 3 insane boss fights.

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys/girls can give me.

*EDIT: I've attached the most updated version of the game a few posts below so you can test it and check out the game's mechanics in the editor if you so wish.*

Keep in mind, it's a team game so it really only lives up to its potential with at least 2 players. Good luck with it and let me know what you think!

Gravit

Reaction score
Ok, so I took the advice of the majority of the people that tested this and removed the music. It's not worth it in the long run as it just slows the game down and gets too repetative after a while. Most people just play their own playlist and turn off game music anyhow.

*Edit: Did a few more fixes*

I'm attaching the edited map file here.

Attachments

• Outbreak beta v1.18.w3x
    923.9 KB · Views: 158
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.