Pandaren Adventures

stavious

Reaction score
Anything. said:
It means that you would have to hold the key for the same amount of time you are already holding it, and you can walk closer to walls than you already can.

And besides, it would make gameplay alot smoother :D
Apperantly you've never did a game based on arrow movements, it doesn't, mean that at all. It works in a way that when you press he walks for some time (but a limited amount so you have to press again and again from time to time) but that the second you release it he stops. We we'll see how it goes :eek: .
Would like more people to send me those screenshots though ;) .

stavious

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping this alive Anything.
The bonus level is close to being done. I just want at least two more people showing me the screenshots before I release it. So please go over the mini-quest requirements to recieve the bonus level if you hadn't yet. Anyway, keep giving comments, and I would like some new ideas for the next levels if anyone got something interesting that they would like to share. Keep downloading the map please and tell about it to all of your friends ;) .

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I hate this campaign. I thought that not only were the controls bad, but it was also very slow. The gameplay is not intuitive, and puzzles are easily solved. Also, the game sometimes lets me use the mouse for no reason. It's really bad in my opinion. But, at least you had an original concept. I appreciate that in a map maker. Maybe you could improve it and release a version 2? :eek:

stavious

Reaction score
FireWarrior said:
But, at least you had an original concept. I appreciate that in a map maker. Maybe you could improve it and release a version 2? :eek:
That's the goal. Please tell me how you would like to see it improved then so I can make it better :D . Thanks for the comments too.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
The concept is original, and I had a fun time playing it. But it wasn't exactly smooth gameplay, as some people said.

I don't really have the time to read the whole thread, so excuse me if theres some things covered earlier. I am sorry for that.

Suggestions/bugs/comments:

`~ Level 1 and Below ~`

-During cinematics, disable movement fully. My guy ran like 2 screens width when I was elevating the Elevator.
-Its a fun concept, but needs more. Seems to basic.
-When setting fire to the beacons to kill the crabs, make it so the crabs are actuially on the beacons. I accidentally got one off the beacon, and when the fire started the crab died even though he wasn't in it.
-Also during cinematics, make your panda stop immidiatly. Remember to do this after disabling movement, even though it shouldn't matter.
-I bought a boat from the shipyard as I was supposed to, and it wasn't even the boat I travelled in :D
-I redid the first map and bought the boat before I did the cinematic. Now I had to restart it again, because the trigger didn't activate.
-Also happened when I got the wood first. make it so you can't cut down the trees until you talk to Earth.
-Also make it so you can't actually buy the boat from the shipyard, instead using the one you are supposed to buy from the guy using the Dialogue buttons.
-Somemes I would click left once and it would run to the left until I made it do something else. Though itsometimes ran to the right after I issued the next order.
-Sometimes when I anted it to walk downards, it would continuously (sp?) walk to the right.
-http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1378/pandaren1ll7.jpg : Notice that I didn't have to cut down the trees to get there. This also happened at the end of Level1. I didn't even have to touch the beacons.

`~ Level 2 ~`

-Seemed alright, besides the usual walking bugs. But then I saw this elevator: http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5165/pandaren2px4.jpg... I couldn't get on it. Wouldn't let me, as if you forgot to open the Elevator Wall or something.
-I ended up having 7/8 Gold Coins, and I am guessing the last one was up there -.-
-At the Loading Screen (Or Start Cinematic), you said "When Sailing here, remember not to get too close to the shore!". I thought you meant we would sail the ship, but it was actuall because of the sirens. Pwerhaps in a later level we can sail a ship, or something like that?
-I seemed to not bug up in this level. Perhaps the triggering is better somehow? Well, either way the Second Level is much smoother.

`~Level 3 ~`

-Didn't get here because of elevator bug :(

I hope this helps somehow, and I am looking forward to later releases!

stavious

Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
The concept is original, and I had a fun time playing it. But it wasn't exactly smooth gameplay, as some people said.
Thanx for those amazing comments Halo_king116; greatly appricated. Yes the main issue is the wood trigger bug in Level 1 that I will be fixing before the next release. The other one about the Level 2 elvator is no bug at all, just a malfunction in the game. The elevator can be 'boarded' though. I commented about that here.

Halo_king116 said:
I hope this helps somehow, and I am looking forward to later releases!
Don't worry, more will come :D .

stavious

Reaction score
Forum and Good Updates

Thanx to smith_s9's great efforts and work Pandaren Adventures lives on :D . The game now has a new move system (which is also based on the arrows but lacks all of those annoying bugs). A new un-bugged version will be released in a few days time. More levels are also now being constructed.

Pandaren Forum Started!
I have created a small forum for this campaign. Visit it here. I will expand it a lot more as time progresses. Hope you enjoy it. Post anything you want there about the game and what you think about it. Also ideas for quests are highly welcomed. Have fun !

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Hey Stavious. I haven't been on the forums much, how is your campaign coming along? Any new versions that I can dl?

3TY.Spiky (Warluvr)

Click the picture above to go to my Tauren Tag thread!!

Click the picture above to go to my "Making a Tag Map" Tutorial!!

stavious

Reaction score
New stuff are coming soon :D . I didn't work all week because of school, but yeasterday smith_s9 was able to come up with an 'upgrade' to the movement system, which works great. I will update my already existing maps and release an un-bugged version in a few days. During the week I will also thrive to make two entirely new levels for the following weekend and will release them as soon as possible (hopefully in a week's time). It's worth to stay tuned and check out the forum (and become a member there ;) ). Thanx for the intrest :D .

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I have a problem going up the elevator because whenever I try to move to enter the top, I move off to the sides of the elevator and eventually slip off it. Can you fix that please? Because I can't get the last coin on the top floor.

stavious

Reaction score
Thanatos_820 said:
I have a problem going up the elevator because whenever I try to move to enter the top, I move off to the sides of the elevator and eventually slip off it. Can you fix that please? Because I can't get the last coin on the top floor.
Well if you read this thread you'd see that there IS a way up. But it will be fixed in the next version, worry not :D .

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Ok, in the first version of the movement system I made, it was a little glitch (infact, it was a big one :D ). The Panda was still answering to the normal move commands :D . Now, this problem is solved and Pandaren Adventures has a nice little clean movement system, that works perfectly (hope so xD ).

Remember to visit the Pandaren Adventures Forum.

P

Pawnable

Looks cool. How exactly do you make a campaign? And what is the use of 1 player map.. -.-

stavious

Reaction score
Pawnable said:
Looks cool. How exactly do you make a campaign? And what is the use of 1 player map.. -.-
Thanx for the comment :D . I'd like it if people could become members of the forum and post on it... you can pretty much talk about whatever that is related, and there's a Fun Section :p .
You make a campaign in the campaign edtior which is easily accessed through the World Edtior (it's on the same bar as the Trigger, Object, and AI editors).
I don't know what you mean by the 1 player map question though, so please explain :eek: .
Enjoy the forum :D .

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
stavious said:
Thanx for the comment :D . I'd like it if people could become members of the forum and post on it... you can pretty much talk about whatever that is related, and there's a Fun Section :p .
You make a campaign in the campaign edtior which is easily accessed through the World Edtior (it's on the same bar as the Trigger, Object, and AI editors).
I don't know what you mean by the 1 player map question though, so please explain :eek: .
Enjoy the forum :D .
Great Forum, I am a member of it now.
+rep

stavious

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR, you don't have to bump this thread as I update it when I want to and get enough feed back everytime I do so :p .
But if I do get the chance to say something: I'd like memebers of this forum to check out my Pandaren Adventures Forum. It's a forum dedicated to this game and I would be very glad if you could sign up as members there, post there and tell about it to your friends :D .
Thanx for your attention :) .

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
stavious said:
NiKaNoRoU_GR, you don't have to bump this thread as I update it when I want to and get enough feed back everytime I do so :p .
But if I do get the chance to say something: I'd like memebers of this forum to check out my Pandaren Adventures Forum. It's a forum dedicated to this game and I would be very glad if you could sign up as members there, post there and tell about it to your friends :D .
Thanx for your attention :) .
Stavious I have to bump this thread since it must be kept alive hours that you are not logged in.Currently, I log in and other hours and such hours there are many members logged in so you can't bump this thread, and I do ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.