Panning from one Camera to another...

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Hi, I'm making a map with a couple of boss fights. I'm trying to use cinematics to add some atmosphere but I've run into a small problem.

I need to pan from one camera object to a another, so I made two cameras at different positions. Then I made some triggers, after 30 seconds the game enters cinematic mode and swaps the camera view to the first camera for all players. At the end of this trigger it runs the next trigger which should pan the camera for all players from the current view (camera one) to camera two over five seconds. However nothing happens, the view just stays as camera one:

Code:
Abom Cinematic 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters East Abom Boss Support <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
        Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
        Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
        Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 0.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Environment - Set sky to Lordaeron Winter Sky
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 2 (Blue) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 3 (Teal) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 4 (Purple) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 5 (Yellow) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 7 (Green) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 8 (Pink) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 9 (Gray) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 10 (Light Blue) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Apply AbomCinecam1 <gen> for Player 11 (Dark Green) over 0.00 seconds
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Trigger - Run Abom Cinematic 2 <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Code:
Abom Cinematic 2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 3 (Teal) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 4 (Purple) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 7 (Green) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 8 (Pink) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to (Target of AbomCinecam2 <gen>) over 5.00 seconds

Those are my triggers can anyone see what I've done wrong? Whilst I'm at it is there anyway to set the camera view of all players at once rather than them all individually?

Thanks in advance.

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You dont Pan your second camera you apply it. If you mean like switching camera's

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
But then it swaps view instantly, I want it to slowly move between the two. One camera is at the bottom of a cliff and the second at the top, I need the camera to look as if it is rising up the cliff.

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Apply Camera 001 &lt;gen&gt; for Player 1 (Red) over 5.00 seconds

over ??? seconds thats how long you want it to take for it to apply to it. It will be moving the that camera

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.