Passive Ability Problem

PandarenD

Reaction score
Well I want to make an hero passive ability that increase damage and well I didn't think in another specific effect, but I want it to have more than just a damage increase

The thing is that I base the hero ability (nameless for now) in the "Orb of lightning (new)" ability, I've changed the icons and the "icon normal" position but it doesn't appear in the Hero's abilities tap :/, I think that the problem is that the ability is based on an item ability but don't know how to resolve it

Could you help me?, I just want to know how can I make the passive Icon appear.

If you have a better Idea for a werewolf hero ability I'll take suggestions too :)

Bye!.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Well I want to make an hero passive ability that increase damage and well I didn't think in another specific effect, but I want it to have more than just a damage increase

The thing is that I base the hero ability (nameless for now) in the "Orb of lightning (new)" ability, I've changed the icons and the "icon normal" position but it doesn't appear in the Hero's abilities tap :/, I think that the problem is that the ability is based on an item ability but don't know how to resolve it

Could you help me?, I just want to know how can I make the passive Icon appear.

If you have a better Idea for a werewolf hero ability I'll take suggestions too :)

Bye!.

did you check the box that read "Is an hero ability=false" and set it to true in object editor of the ability?

Anachron

Reaction score
When should the bonus damage effect should happen?
Can it be in vJASS too?
Do you know vJASS?
Does the damage stack with something?

Explain more..

PandarenD

Reaction score
dhk_undead_l said:
When should the bonus damage effect should happen?
Can it be in vJASS too?
Do you know vJASS?
Does the damage stack with something?

Explain more..
Sorry for not being specific, about the cuestions...

A1: It Should Just add a damage bonus as the orbs, I mean just "damage: 23-32 +5" for example
A2 & 3: sorry I don't know how to use vJASS :(
A4: Nope, it's just an increment

doesnt seem to be the case.
http://img99.imageshack.us/i/bugdeh.jpg/

if i learn it my hero gain 5 attack bonus and the ability
I'm sorry again for the wrong explanations
As you can see in this first screenshot : http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/419/screenns.jpg
It appears in the Hero's "learn ability tab"
But in this second screenshot when i chose to learn the ability : http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1522/screenns2.jpg
The Attachment appears, the damage increase appears, etc.. but I can't see the "pasive ability icon" where it should be (The red marked space that is black), also appears that icon i(In the green marked space) that shouldn't be there :\ , I know that it's just a passive that doesn't affect the gameplay if the button is there or it's not, but it's weird to have an ability that doesn't shows you know :\ .

Thnks fr th answers, hope you can help me, bye.

PandarenD

Reaction score
Well I think of that too, i did that, but if I change the Icon mi computer dies after learning the ability xDU don't know why, but well, that happens, anyway thnks fr the help, maybe there's no solution so I should make a Triggered ability x_x, I'll post again if I need help or If I have an advance, thnks again.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Well I think of that too, i did that, but if I change the Icon mi computer dies after learning the ability xDU don't know why, but well, that happens, anyway thnks fr the help, maybe there's no solution so I should make a Triggered ability x_x, I'll post again if I need help or If I have an advance, thnks again.
what you mean no solution? i just posted it and have it working; if your computer crash then you did something else

PandarenD

Reaction score
Well I mean I did what you did, and it worked but later I changed the icon of the item purge with the icon I wanted to use (of course iI didn't want the "dislabed purge item" in the hero ability tab , I tried to put the one I wanted, I tried three different times and , 1 or appears a green square or 2 the computer crashed, I'll try with some other Icon later, maybe it works but not today I don't want my computer crashing today again, anyway besides that I can't find the "text- tooltip" space in the Item purge ability, Just "Text- Name" and "Text- Hot Key" :/ .

Yoshii

Reaction score
Well I mean I did what you did, and it worked but later I changed the icon of the item purge with the icon I wanted to use (of course iI didn't want the "dislabed purge item" in the hero ability tab , I tried to put the one I wanted, I tried three different times and , 1 or appears a green square or 2 the computer crashed, I'll try with some other Icon later, maybe it works but not today I don't want my computer crashing today again, anyway besides that I can't find the "text- tooltip" space in the Item purge ability, Just "Text- Name" and "Text- Hot Key" :/ .

because you need to change the ability purge to a hero ability else you will not see it.the reason you see a green icon is because in your "art-research" there is no set icon you need to add one.

PandarenD

Reaction score
Ohh I feel so stupid, Yeah I Changed the ability purge to a hero ability and it workes perfectly :) thnks a lot, now I have 4 skills for my werewolf hero.

Vaynard

Reaction score
WOOOa
sorry for asking this in here, but where did you got the sprite of the werewolf?
and how you used that icon for the skill?
there is none of those things in the editor right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.