Trigger:
  • Argent Defender
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Argent Defender (TANK) for (Attacked unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set ArDefDMG = (Damage taken)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Argent Defender (TANK) for (Attacked unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) + (ArDefDMG x 0.20))
        • Else - Actions

This is the trigger. I want this passive ability to reduce the damage taken by 20%, but this method is not working. What's wrong?

PS. The unit does have the ability and everything in that genre is OK.

canons200

Reaction score
you can use the ability Spiked Carapace, you can see data - received damage factor, set it to 0.80 which mean taking 80% from incoming damage.

Nyrano

Reaction score
What I forgot to mention is, that I want it to only work when the tank is below 40% of his maximum health. But I removed the 40% health factor for testing.

And I don't think that Spiked Carapace works on such health factors but is for any health at a given moment. Right?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Why not? Add a dummy ability that will be there just for show and provide a buff (an aura is a good start, devotion aura for example). Then, every second pick every unit in the map who has the buff and check their life, if their life is below 40% add the spiked carapace skill in a disabled spellbook to them. If it's not remove the spiked carapace skill from them. ^^

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
What's wrong?
There is no Damage Taken for the Unit Is Attacked event; that event is when a unit starts its swing, not when its attack actually hits.

Since Unit Takes Damage is only available for specific units, you'll either need to pre-pick your tank unit, or for a more general solution, look at using GDD for GUI triggers or Damage for vJASS triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.