Patch notes 1.1.1

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
- Fixed an issue where Ultralisk cleave range was being unintentionally extended by larger targets.
- Fixed an issue where the Phoenix's Graviton Beam was automatically canceled if you used it just after the Phoenix reached 50 energy.
- Fixed an issue where queuing Return Cargo on a worker would cause it to ignore the built-in delay after it finished gathering.
- Fixed an issue where players watching older replays or saved games would experience stuttering.
- Fixed an issue where some Mac users were unable to join games properly.

Well, they were certainly fast on this one (Ultralisk feature was introduced with 1.1).
Interesting also that the 7% early boost was a bug :D

See it all here

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
And the most epic battle of all time has started... again. In the b.net forums there is an epic strife on "Are ultras too weak now" they were pretty useless before... but the zerg don't have anything better at dmg absorbing.

I hope that it isn't trhead hijacking, but what do you guys thing ? Should the ultra's range not been reduced ? They did loose the Ram and 5 dmg in the prevoious patch... are they cost effective now ?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the ultralisks still have their HP which is where their real use is..

and return cargo makes the workers go mine faster? i might have found something to keep me busy for the first minute of the game

celerisk

Reaction score
" return cargo makes the workers go mine faster? "

Not anymore, as this patch fixed that.

Ultras are still what the name sounds like. Perhaps better. And most definitely not "useless".

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
They are ultra, although, with the mid game things you must do- spread the creep, get new expos, maintain the macro fight battles, micro, deal dmg to your economy, protect yourself from sneak attacks and scout, teching up is hard to do. The ultras are strong, sure, but they are extramly hard to nurture... + I have really needed them in a few games where my opponent has gone for mass stalkers, sucha amas that the zerglings just don't cut it and you need something ultra to save the day.

Against other unit compositions though, the ultra is slightly less effective.

Still it is undenyable that blizzard are doing what they can to tame them... wich is something unpleasant....

Anyway, I have misjudged them, still, they are not what they used to be in brood wat :p

celerisk

Reaction score
" Deal dmg to your economy "

Interesting plan :D

" They are extramly hard to nurture "

Perhaps. Though the same could be said about similarly large units, like Thors.
That "problem" comes from the size.
But, well, an "ultra" beast is somewhat expected to be large. And perhaps a bit unwieldy.

" You need something ultra to save the day "

Or something slightly smaller, but more difficult (in the sense that attack-move doesn't work) to use: Infestors.
Roaches in large numbers? Roaches with Hydralisks? Some Banelings for fun? Banelings are always fun.

Terran "micro" is mostly a-move, with the occasional Marauder that needs to take a step back, or finding the cloak button on a Banshee...
But, hey, you're Zerg. You're better than that! It's time you start believing it.

" Blizzard are doing what they can to tame them "

Nah. Go read the patch notes one more time.

" They are not what they used to be in Brood War "

Clearly. Nowadays you can actually use them.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Deal dmg to your economy

epic typo fail :d

>Roaches in large numbers? Roaches with Hydralisks? Some Banelings for fun? Banelings are always fun.

The story: He bets my lings... he beats my hydras (not in big numbers) he is in my base, but BOOM 10 ultras come and save the day... just so that I can surrender a few minutes later because a dumb female insisted that she wants to talk to me and in the speed of me trying to lower the sound I surrendered.

Yes, I am lucky.

No, I am not retarded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.