Patch Problem - HELP PLEASE -

J

jtru33

Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 8:24 pm on 01/27/2007

Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Prepatch failed

G

g1real

Most likely the register key was removed, did you format windows or something? ^^, just reinstall wc3

N

Nathalan

Yes, this happens when you move your game to a different location (partition) like from C:\ to G:\ or something similar.

You'll easily fix this by just reinstalling.

If you can't do that for some reason(?) you need to edit the registry files yourself and set the right pathway.

Guide:
Start -> Run Type: regedit
My Computer -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Blizzard Entertainment -> Warcraft III

Warcraft III:
InstallPath = from C:\Program Files\Warcraft III in D:\Warcraft III for example.
Program = from C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe in D:\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe for example.
War3CD = E:\ no change needed.

Warcraft III -> DelOpt0(Savegames)
Path0 = C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\save
Path1 = C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\save
Path2 = C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\save
Warcraft III -> DelOpt1(Replays)
Path0 = ...
Warcraft III -> DelOpt2(Logs)
Path0 = ...
Path1 = ...
Path2 = ...
Path3 = ...
Warcraft III -> DelOpt3(Errors)
Path0 = ...

and so forth..

J

jtru33

well thing is, i lost my CD key. and someone at my moms work fixed my cpu because it had viruses on it. I need help trying to fix this problem so if someone could email me the steps or msg me on MSN ---> [email protected]

thank you

T

tikalal

Hey thanks for the guide, I have the exact same problems, except I havn't done anything. I don't really understand it though. All of a sudden you start saying 'Wc3 install path = "blah blah" but I don't understand what you want me to do with that. Or how to do it. I may sound noobish but it seems like there's something missing.:banghead:

I lost my cdkey, so reinstalling won't work in my case.

Aloki

Reaction score
Do what i do when i get games that have CD-keys, put them on floppy or flash drive or what ever in a .txt file. A different .txt file for every game. On the floppy/flash drive/directory.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.