Pathing Blockers

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
I'm making a map and implementing the height adjustment cliff method. Problem is that I want the cliffs to be unwalkable. While I could just go in and put ground pathing blockers along the whole thing, that would take up a lot of doodads seeing as how there are a lot of cliffs in my map. So what I'm asking is; is there a better way of making terrain unwalkable. I am only using the rock terrain for the cliffs so maybe some sort of trigger?

Also, on another note, what's a good way for making waterfalls/rivers on said cliff terrain?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
just make a big region around the mountain and make trigger to instantly move them away from the mountain.. or something like that.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Cliffs are really not a square shaped stuff.
Also, I look for an advice for a same-sorta thing.
I want my flying units to be unable to get on cliffs, or trees, without boundary (ugly), or pathing blockers (just bad, needs to many).

ShadowSnipe4

Reaction score
I thought about that, but that would look unnatural. I mean is there some way of just stopping them from moving there to begin with?

Edit:
Cliffs are really not a square shaped stuff.
Also, I look for an advice for a same-sorta thing.
I want my flying units to be unable to get on cliffs, or trees, without boundary (ugly), or pathing blockers (just bad, needs to many).

Did you ever find a solution?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
You could adjust the properties of the terrain, making it unpathable. Don't know how though, believe there's a tutorial on the helper.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I thought about that, but that would look unnatural. I mean is there some way of just stopping them from moving there to begin with?

Edit:

Did you ever find a solution?

For trees, maybe, though I'm not sure. In the object editor you can set the height that flying units need to get over them. Really not sure. Will look it up when I wake up. Then you might be able to do some modelless objects with pathing or not, unable to fly through.

>>Also, on another note, what's a good way for making waterfalls/rivers on said cliff terrain? Search for tutorials.
I haven't checked this one now, but might include some useful things for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.