Problem with a spell

[LuDo]-CamuS

Reaction score
hi im workin on a hero and i would lyk that the dmg of this magic fades away nicely.. but i cant make it happen... :S heres my trigger
Code:
jupitel thunder
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Jupitel Thunder 
    Actions
        Set target_jupitel = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set caster_jupitel = (Casting unit)
        Unit - Pause target_jupitel
        Unit - Move target_jupitel instantly to ((Position of target_jupitel) offset by 300.00 towards (Angle from (Position of caster_jupitel) to (Position of target_jupitel)) degrees)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of target_jupitel using Abilities\Weapons\FarseerMissile\FarseerMissile.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Cause caster_jupitel to damage target_jupitel, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Lightning
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 100 above target_jupitel with Z offset 100.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 130.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
        Wait 0.05 seconds
        Unit - Unpause target_jupitel

mordocai

Reaction score
in retrospect, you could just use a fade filter to play for the target, it look more flashy imo :thup: , anyways coudl you be more specific on whats not working

[LuDo]-CamuS

Reaction score
i want the floating text to fade out nicely, but it only keeps floating towards 90 degrees <.< never fades out =(

mordocai

Reaction score
well the reason it keeps going to 90degrees is the 2nd floating text trigger, ill open up we and check out this spell
at the end you never destroyed the text......

mordocai

Reaction score
please dont double post and use the edit buttom:)
~on topic
im not realy sure i havent used floating text that much

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.