Problem with a TD

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Hi, i need some help with a TD, I have been trying to make the towers construckt themselves, like the undeads buildings. I tried to use a Spirit Tower and change the model, but it didnt work... I really need help!

BTW, my friends wants me to do aTD map where they can maze, but i need some help to prevent the builder from blocking the path totally. Something like the guy that made Warhammer TD did, the creeps attacks only towers in their way... this is a real big problem to me, please help!

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Change the race of the builder to Undead.

To prevent blocking, make the path out of terrain that is unbuildable.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Buildings Summoned; fill that field not buildings constructed.
(base builder off of acolyte and builders after w/e)

For the builder either make him flying or collision size to 0

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For the Creep Blocking thing after making builder colllision to Zero:
Make a trigger like this:
Code:
Event:
A unit is attacked
Conditions
Attacked Unit equal to a Building = True
Actions:
Order Attacking Unit to Move To [Insert Spot here]
It makes the creeps try to move again after attacking once

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
For the "Block the Creeps" part, you want to create unbuildable ground on the checkpoints to where they walk through. To prevent blocking, order the creep to "Right Click" to their destination so if they're blocked, they automatically attack there way through the towers until they hit there spot. Make sure they right click the check points, not the end of the area.

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
And what they have done on a lot of other maps is have a little lightning bolt to make it look pretty, yet also unbuildable! :D

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Hmm... if I will change the terrain to unbuildable, there will be no maze construction, so thats bad!

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
No no no, you can still maze

But.. There will just be one central square on each corner where the region (used for the mobs to move to) is located, only this area must be made to unbuildable.

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Aha! Now i get it, I tried a similliar map some days ago... so thats better! It would surley work! And then order them to right-click to the region? But wont that make them attack ALL towers?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> But wont that make them attack ALL towers?

It shouldn't. That would be an attack-move. Right-click is not an attack-move.

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
No, you dont get them to 'rightclick the region' just to go to it as far as i know, although im not sure about them attacking, im pretty they just do as they are told unless something is totally blocking their path from, say, Region 001 to Region 002 in which case they will MAKE a path.

EDIT: Listen to Ghan_04, not me; I r nub.

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Ok, it seems you are convinsed, so i am too! if something dosent works, ill probably be back tomorrow, asking for help again! Thanks for the help, its appreaciated!

Hmm... the right-click move thing worked perfect... almost! If the road is blocked the creeps attacks every fu**ing tower I have... someone that knows what to do?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> someone that knows what to do?

How about detect when a unit owned by the defenders dies, then re-issue the right-click order to the creeps so they don't continue to attack?

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Yeah, i allready thought about that, but if the creeps allready passed region 1and attacks towers behind it, then if i tell them to re-issue the right-click move, they will return to region 1 and then back towards 2... is that right?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> then if i tell them to re-issue the right-click move, they will return to region 1 and then back towards 2... is that right?

Increase the custom value of the creeps when they enter each region, then you can do an If/Then/Else to figure out which region they need to be sent to, based on the custom value.

Vamtiin

Reaction score
Hmm... i think you need to explain that a little bit further for me... like give me a code or some guidance... if/then/else triggers are tough, at least i think so!

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever one of your creeps enters a region, do this:

Code:
Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to ((Custom value of (Triggering unit)) + 1)

So, then, when you need to re-order all of the creeps, you can pick every unit owned by the creep player and do a If/Then/Else function like this:
Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Equal to 0
    Then - Actions
        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Right-Click (Center of (Region 1))
    Else - Actions

Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
    Then - Actions
        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Right-Click (Center of (Region 2))
    Else - Actions

See how that works?

Vamtiin

Reaction score
I didn´t find something (cant remember what) so I removed the trigger. Then I tested it and they attacked only towers blocking their path! So the problem solved itself... Thanks anyway!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.