Problem with hero xp gain

Toriad

Reaction score
Sorry for making yet another post, but this is bugging me.

For some reason my Hero doesn't get experience from the kills using his triggered abilities unless the unit dies to a "Unit - Damage Target" line...

Anyone know why.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Unit - Damage Target

This line recognises the damaging unit or the killing unit. However, using 'Kill unit' or 'Set Life' will not recognise any unit that deals that killing 'damage'. The killing unit is 'No unit'. That's why the game can't increase the XP because no killing unit is recognised. So just use Damage Target for all your damaging spells.

Toriad

Reaction score
So you mean I should mess with my Dummy spells, example, my spell that casts Impale... Using a dummy... IT casts impale, kills something, but i dont get the xp even though it was my dummy?

I have to figure out a way to set alllllllllllllllllll my spells like that to do damage with "Unit - Damage Target"?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
No. I meant, if you were to damage/kill a unit via trigger, always use 'Damage target'. Don't use 'Kill unit' or 'Set Life'.

> IT casts impale, kills something

This kill should be able to allow you to gain XP. Not sure why the XP is not spread. Probably you should check Gameplay Constant for the Hero XP.

Toriad

Reaction score
Oh, yeah I always use Damage Target.

And theres nothing in Gameplay Constants that looks like it will help me :( -tears up- Anyone else have thoughts?

EDIT: I keep trying to +Rep you, sorry... stupid rep limit.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
For some reason my Hero doesn't get experience from the kills using his triggered abilities unless the unit dies to a "Unit - Damage Target" line...

you gain xp fully only if a unit owned by your player kills an enemy.
always use unit - damage target/area if you intend that the kill would be your hero's.

Toriad

Reaction score
Like I said, I know that, and always do that. But when I summon a Dummy Unit, that casts a spell and that spell kills a unit my hero doesn't get exp.

Toriad

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe so

JASS:
function Trig_Rising_Earth_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit Caster = GetSpellAbilityUnit()
    local location Point = GetUnitLoc(Caster)
    local integer A = 1
    local integer B = 5
    loop
        exitwhen A >= B

call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "SUP!")
        call CreateNUnitsAtLoc(1, 'n000', GetOwningPlayer(Caster), PolarProjectionBJ(Point, A * 100, GetUnitFacing(Caster) - 90), GetUnitFacing(Caster))
        call UnitAddAbilityBJ('A000', GetLastCreatedUnit())
        call SetUnitAbilityLevel(GetLastCreatedUnit(), 'A000', GetUnitAbilityLevel(Caster, 'A006'))
        call IssuePointOrderLocBJ(GetLastCreatedUnit(), "impale", PolarProjectionBJ(GetUnitLoc(GetLastCreatedUnit()), 100, GetUnitFacing(GetLastCreatedUnit())))
        call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ(3, 'BTLF', GetLastCreatedUnit())

call CreateNUnitsAtLoc(1, 'n000', GetOwningPlayer(Caster), PolarProjectionBJ(Point, A * 100, GetUnitFacing(Caster) + 90), GetUnitFacing(Caster))
        call UnitAddAbilityBJ('A000', GetLastCreatedUnit())
        call SetUnitAbilityLevel(GetLastCreatedUnit(), 'A000', GetUnitAbilityLevel(Caster, 'A006'))
        call IssuePointOrderLocBJ(GetLastCreatedUnit(), "impale", PolarProjectionBJ(GetUnitLoc(GetLastCreatedUnit()), 100, GetUnitFacing(GetLastCreatedUnit())))
        call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ(3, 'BTLF', GetLastCreatedUnit())

set A = A + 1
    endloop

endfunction

Does it look like its mine? Not to be a smart ass, but maybe i missed something.

Toriad

Reaction score
He gains XP when he kills them, they are standard enemy units. Ghouls to be exact, and when he kills them with his ultimate. "Unit - Damage Target" he gets xp, when he kills them with melee he gets xp, but whenever he dies to the Dummy Spells he gets nothing.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
they dummy units aint heroes right? if they are they will gain the exp instead.
if they are not try to preplace such a dummy and to kill the ghoul with the dummy without using the trigger, just try if your hero does get exp if an other allied unit (like a normal footman) kills the creep.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Try showing your trigger. Anyway, one more possibility is that the dummy expiration timer is too short. Once dummy is dead, and if the target being impaled dies after the dummy is dead, then the killing credit doesn't count.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.