Problem with Tree of Life

TheTempest

Reaction score
Alright. So basically, I made a custom unit of the Tree of Life. Now, the Tree of Life has 2 different models in 1. The model of it in the ground and the model of it moving about. When the model is "idle" it has the animation of it standing up. When I train a unit, it goes to the rooted model doing the hand motions. It's weird that it's doing this because the only thing I changed about the custom unit is the cost, damage, hp and tooltip. I didn't touch anything with the model.

Here's what it looks like idle:

25exqqa.jpg

TheTempest

Reaction score
No one has any answer to this problem? I'm willing to put down money someone else has had something similar to this.

Jak-Skell

Reaction score
It's because there is no casting or building model for the tree of life.

No real fix, other than a custom model.

TheTempest

Reaction score
It's because there is no casting or building model for the tree of life.

No real fix, other than a custom model.

Yes but when you build a tree of life normally it looks fine, it's rooted into the ground, no problem. How come it's doing this for me?

TheTempest

Reaction score
Okay, I have a question, check the model. Is it the Rooted model?

The problem I'm having is that the rooted model and the unrooted model are the same model, just with different animations. It's showing half the animations for the unrooted and half the animations for the rooted. Basically, it doesn't know which set of animations to use. The issue i'm running into is that I didn't touch the model part of animations and yet it's different.

TheTempest

Reaction score
Turns out the only way to have the animations work is if I add Uproot as an ability, but I don't want uproot. Maybe I can set it's animation via trigger.

Jak-Skell

Reaction score
Turns out the only way to have the animations work is if I add Uproot as an ability, but I don't want uproot. Maybe I can set it's animation via trigger.

Put the animation in a spell book, then disable the spell book.

Kekeke?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Art - Required Animation Tags (or something). Add the string alternate.

It's not two models in one, it's one model with two sets of animations.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.