I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
I am in the making of a manufacture + sales game :thup:
[SIZE="+1"]Business in Lordaeron - The Entrepreneur [/SIZE]

Game, in a nutshell:
- Buy resources
- Your Factory process these resources into products
- Drag customers into your shop, and sell your products for a profit
- Tentatively: The Winner = First to be a millionaire (Reach 1 million gold)
- There is an option to sabotage other players, but it cost gold.

At the moment:
There are 4 resource points which produce 8 resources -> I am incline to have up to 12 different resources:
Graveyard (Bones, Poison), Port (Water, Fish), Mine (Metal, Gems), Forest (Lumber, Leather)

The Customers are divided into 4 races (Human, Orc, Undead, NE)

Products are set so they appeal to 2 of the 4 races.
i.e. 2 Races will buy it while the other 2 Races will avoid it

What I need: :D
I need products....
- I need ideas of products a player can Manufacture / Sell
- Icon representation
- Raw materials needed to make them
- Target market which the product sells (2 of 4 races)
- Short Description + why only 2 races buy it

Notes:
- I need items that can be mass produced
- I do not intend to have import icons
- If you need some other raw-material, do suggest
- All items will come with a little tag at the bottom: player who suggested it.
- It is OK to be funny :D
- Try to be logical, Bones + Lumber don't create Metal Helmet... you need metal for it.

Example1:
Name: Hallucination Potion
Icon: Potion of Omniscience
Materials: 2 Water + 1 Poison + 1 Fish
Customers: Humans, Orcs
Description:
- Hallucination Potion is like dope, when taken, it gives a "High" feeling to the user, turning this dull looking world into something more interesting.
- Humans and Orcs sometimes use it to "Travel to Mars". Night Elves scorn its use while Undeads don't even know what "Mars" is.
Example2:
Name: Leather Body-Hugging Suit
Icon: Ancient Figurine
Materials: 2 Leather + 1 Metal
Customers: Humans, Night Elves
Description:
- Each Leather Body-Hugging Suit is made from top quality leather and woven together with metallic threads. It is both trendy and durable.
- Humans like trendy clothes while Night Elves use them as light-armor. Orcs think leather is food. Undeads only wear rags.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
How about an AK-47 with sword bullets? And a turban to go with it.
Icon: I don't know
Materials: You need fabric, some wood, some metal, and some gunpowder. And a terrorist.
Customers: Those who know about the black market
Description: You get your very own terrorist to run amok in the city!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Crate?
Icon: I remember seeing a wooden box i nthe world editor, if possible use that one
Materials: Any combination of recources as long as all 4 sources are used
Customers: Everyone
Discription:
- Suprise! (the 4 materials are converted into 4 random materials from 4 random sources)
- Everyone likes a suprise right?

One more time, one more chance
Icon: Animate Dead
Materials: 3 bones 3 water
Customers: Undead
Discription
- Gives the buyer one more time, one more chance, to live (converts the buyer into one of the living species, when that dies, it will be ocne again reborn as an undead)
- You cant live again if your alredy liveing,

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
- Everyone likes a suprise right?

yes we do, as long is its not like the surprise of the game pimps...That was a bad surprise...give me nightmares...And took me a few times to bet too.

Holla.

Reaction score
Gems, metal and leather

Super shiny and sexy 2 piece combat swim suit.
Worn by nightelves and human women, sometimes men???

Orcs think the concept of a "swim suit" is degrading, while the undead dont like jewls

icon: moon armor (upgrade)

ALSO, CHEESE, requiers... fish???

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
bacon
icon=any meat.

requires : pig.

customers, orc and human,

since night elves are veggies and the dead can't eat.

then add quote

"push button receive bacon."

MoonSlinger

Reaction score
Seems like there are some I can use :thup:
Slightly edited to fit my purpose :D

Name: Steam Fish
Icon: Murloc Tiderunner
Materials: 2 Fish + 1 Water + 1 Lumber (Fire)
Customers: Humans, Orcs
Description:
- Excellent fish fillet boiled with old-style camp fire, served with soup
- Since night elves are veggies and the dead can't eat... only humans and orcs can taste this delicacy.
Name: One more chance
Icon: Animate Dead
Materials: 3 Bones + 3 Water
Customers: Humans, Undead
Description:
- Gives the owner one more chance to live; When used , it converts the user back into the living for one day.
- Undeads love this product, its their ticket back to the living. Some humans stock this up for emergencies. Night Elves for their religion and Orcs being honor-bound are forbidden from using it.
Name: Shiny Swimsuit
Icon: moon armor (upgrade)
Materials: 2 Leather + 2 Gems + 1 Metal
Customers: Humans, Night Elves
Description:
- Super shiny and sexy 2 piece combat swim suit. Worn by nightelves and human women, sometimes men???
- Orcs think the concept of a "swim suit" is degrading, while the undead dont like jewels

Crate is abandoned... I need products which only appeal to 2 races, not all selling,
otherwise everyone would be making those :D

Rep has been distributed.....
More ideas welcome ;)

Holla.

Reaction score
ok ok ive got some more.

Sapphire staff:
Matirials: 2x lumber 1x gems.
Description: A a staff made of wood with a beautifull sapphire attached to the end.
icon: mindstaff
Customers: Humans + Night elves.
Dalaran priests and mage tranies love this item for wieght and cost, and night elven druids like it because of its looks.
Orcs hate this kind of GAY staff crap and undead are to obsessed with claws to worry about it.

Leather Rags:
Mats: 1x lumber 1x leather
Description: Some leather rags, no desinger stuff.
Icon: im not sure about this one
Customers: Undead, Orc
The undead will wear anything that isnt fancy and the orcs dont have any fashion sense so it all works out.
Humans and night elves are pretty stuck up so they wont wear THIS crap.

Garden ornament:
Mats: lumber, metal
Description: An ornament to futhermore, pretty a garden
Icon: dont know about this one either
Customers: human, night elves
Humans and night elves love decorating their gardens, well, the women do anyways.
Orcs and undead say... WTF IS A GARDEN AND HOW CAN I RUN AWAY FROM IT?

Nose ornament:
Bone, metal
An ornament worn in the nose, REALLY fashionable.
Icon: once again, IDK
Cus: orcs, undead
orcs and undead love BONES in their noses, to bad the humans and nightelves dont agree, i bet THATS what started the war

Poison tipped arrows.
poison, metal, lumber
arrows with a deadly poison attached to the head
icon: obviously slow poison
Customers: Nightelves and humans
although humans and nightelves use these a lot, orcs and undead never really got the concept of the "bow"

Bone buckler:
lumber, bones, metal
A Heavy buckler made out of iron and wood, decorated with bones
icon: not sure.
customers: orcs and undead
Undead love these for the bones, while orcs like them for the durability. humans and nightelves think this is to barbarik

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Never saw any resources so :D
How about:
Military Outpost(Weapons,Cooked meat (soldiers eat meat,they are going to be big boyz now :D))
Weapons attract humans and orcs,while the night elves don't buy them because they make their own (i know :D) and the undead don't use them.
The "meat" also attracts humans and orcs,while the undead don't eat,and the night elves don't eat meat? :D
Feel free to modify :)
If you don't like the meat thing,you can replace it with mercenaries ;)

MoonSlinger

Reaction score
@The Undaddy
The resources are fixed, at the moment there are 8 different resources:
GraveYard- Poison, Bone
Forest - Lumber, Leather
Mine - Metal, Gems
Sea - Water, Fish

What I am looking for is products which can be made from these resources and sold to the different races of WC3. However, I want them to only appeal to 2 of the 4 races, not all of them.

@Holla.
Thanks for more input :thup:

@Everyone Else
I still need more ideas if anyone can provide them. :)
If possible, please put them in the format provided.
Hopefully I can gather more, as I need about 50 in total.

Note:
I am busy at work, so might not update as frequent as I like :mad:

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Water Coating (Blunt molding)
If possible, the moonwell abil's icon w/o autocast rectange (if possible) (uhh i really ahve no idea, im not too used to undead icons)
6 Water (or 6 bones if undead)
Night Elves, undead (undead uses a variant based on bones)
For the next few attacks, you will deal additonal magical damage that is based on the hero's int. Every attack uses one charge, the water to charge conversion is 2 water to one charge. This item only applies to melle units. (change charge conversion rate to balance)

The undead variant: By mashing bones togeter, the undead have managed to make their weapons more blunt, thus allowing the user a chance to stun and deal extra damage. The chance of this is relitively high, but if it dosent proc it will still use a charge. This variant uses str as a base instead of int

The orcs and humans prefer permanate upgrades to their weapons, so they tend to stay away from such resource draining practices.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spirit Splitter
1Gems 5water
Banish
Night Elves and Humans
Creates a dummy immage of the caster and banishes the caster, Any damage delt to the immage will be redirected back to the caster, but the immage will only take 30% of the damage. The caster on the other hand, being in soul form (banished) gains an attack bonus for all his spells, the drawback is that being in such a form renders him extreamly vuneraable to other magics. The bansihed unit is rendered invisable during this duration.

Because the nightelves and humans exell in magic, they deicded a to find a way to turn themselves into a pure magical entity, allowing them to cast greater magic. The research is incompleat, and this is their incompleat product, a potion that seperates soul and body.
If the reasearch is finished, it will allow the user to actualy turn into an elemental that is both physically immune and magicaly resistant.

The undead and orcs never found the pleasures of being banished and sees this as a foreng idea, therefore they dont touch it.

THE_X

Reaction score
Code:
[SIZE="5"][B]Tesla coil [/B][/SIZE]

Requires: 

- 3k ft of 22 gauge enamled wire 
- 5"od plastic pipe 
- Aluminum spun toroid 
- 55ft of 3/8 copper pipe  
- 15kV NST, 
- 86 .05 800v Bi-Polar Capacitors 
- 1 Spark Gap

Offensive Weapon - Generates High voltage electricity causing every .3 seconds to deal some damage to 9 (all) units around it (seeing that electricity does not sort out enemies from allies :D), also replenishes mana to nearby allied units,

you do this and you ARE my hero and like yea +Rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.