Other Project Nethershard

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
loadingscreenpnsversionkz3.jpg

This is the first project I've started that I deem The Helper-worthy.

On Project Nethershard (PNs):
Project Nethershard will be a series of maps, all containing the same units and caster system, but yet entirely different.

PNs: Arena
This is where it all goes down, raw 6on6 arena battles, granting people rewards (nethershards) for victories and smaller effort compensations for defeat.
With these rewards, you can level up, improve skills or buy equipment.

PNs: Dungeons
This is where people who are a bit tired of the PvP, but would like to play around with the caster system, get a new challenge: Instanced dungeons.
Here, there will be epic battles versus large, difficult bosses, who ofcourse drop some big-ass loot and more, rarer, nethershards.

PNs: The Shoppe
This will be a small map, which you can load offline and enter your savecode in.
Then, you can use your loaded nethershards to buy new gear, spells, etc. for online use in Dungeons or Arenas.

On Nethershards:
Nethershards are rewards that you get through either PvP or PvE achievements. They come in all shapes and colors, but basically there are as many shard types as there are schools: 6.
How much something will cost is yet to be determined, but rest assured there will be a lot of goals to achieve and thus a lot of nethershards to earn/spend.

The project:
Basically, I've created my very own caster system, allowing for unique features, unseen to WC3 up untill now.
To use this to it's full extent, I am planning on releasing several maps, all containing the same units, spells and items, but different terrain and options.
To transfer data between maps, there will be made use of Save/Load codes, based off of a player's name and other specific details.
A player will be able to have more than one character, but there will be a limit of 4 (subject to change).

Currently, the caster system allows for:
  • Custom spells, buffs and UI
  • Spell reflection, absorbtion, resisting.
  • Buff stacking
  • Custom death/revive system
  • 100% working "on damage" and "on attack" events
  • Items that increase spell damage, range, casting time, buff ticks, etc.

The mechanics:

There will be room for 6 Schools with 4 Archetypes per school: Tank, Nuker, Allrounder and Healer
Schools are: Chaos, Ether, Gaia, Eclipse, Faith and Oblivion

Some schools take extra or reduced damage from other schools, as well as some types of archetypes will be able to reflect/(partially) absorb damage from schools they are strong against.

Furthermore, there will be a leveling system that grants both xp for kills as well as casts, so healers that stand further out of battle will still be able to level as fast as nukers that are close to the action.
Note that leveling may also be dependant on nethershards, so you won't "just ding" when you cast X amount of spells.

At the moment, each character can level 4 times, unlocking a new spell every time he/she does. (Total of 8 skills/character)

Current project state:
- Finetuning the caster system
- Adding all units (Nukers and Healers first, then Allrounders, then Tanks)

Notes:
  • This is a HUGE project, so it may take months to finish!
  • Allows for 12 people at once
  • Playing WC3 in 1600x1200 res will stretch the casting bar beyond nice looks, I suggest playing in a lower res.
  • I'm not a terrainer, nor an "Eye Candy"-er, I'm a JASSer. So if a spell looks rather fugly, remember that can be easily changed by someone who has got time/skills to do so :)
  • The map is optimized, since I don't want people to use (incomplete) systems made by me without my permission

Reported bugs:
None

Current test version: v0.02
  • Some units
  • First Terrain
  • Basic account functionability
  • Raw caster system (needs updating on some stuff)
  • Save functionality

Attachments

• Project Nethershard - The Arena v0.02.w3x
    621.7 KB · Views: 394

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Ohhhh, this looks real exciting. Can't wait to see more about it, your spell system sounds incredible. Good luck!

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Will you have a castback? Like when you polymorph someone it returns to you and you will be polymorphed too.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Looks like a ORPG to me.
Branches of magic are the most fun if you can put time in them and become skilled at them right?

Magentix

Reaction score
Will you have a castback? Like when you polymorph someone it returns to you and you will be polymorphed too.

That's the reflect part, this works in a special way:

Particle spells like nukes will reflect their particle back at the caster, this can be done infinitely untill one of both runs out of reflects.
(Although you'll usually only have one or perma-reflect for a short duration)

Instant spells can be reflected only once, so even if you and your target have a reflect, casting an instant attack on it will damage yourself!

Debuffs can be reflected, applying the debuff onto the caster himself.

AoE damage cannot be reflected (, but can be absorbed)!

Looks like a ORPG to me.
Branches of magic are the most fun if you can put time in them and become skilled at them right?

Spending time on a school increases your level in it, unlocking more spells.
I'm also planning on a WoW-type of "skill point system", allowing you to upgrade spells from time to time.
This should prevent you from reaching an improvement ceiling at level 5.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
As fatmankev said: ohhhhh this looks real exciting.
it seems interesting and complex (in a good way...:D), like those maps where you just play it once and everything looks so cool and much more advanced than you can make lol.
but the name i don't like cuz its not original. World of Witchcraft is just like World of Warcraft, even if u intend to make it like WoWarcraft and LotRO and stuff. Like, to be honest, if i saw the title of this map on epicwar.com or something, i would be like: "wtf! wat a ripoff!". with no offense to you or this map... but thats just me, u dont have to listen to me. ;)

And i think this map would be best as an AOS or an ARENA! This seems to complex for ORPG or RPG. Usually, the advanced games are RPGs and ORPGs but when, like in this case, it seems TOO advanced, arena or aos sounds good becuz then people can interact with all these spells and stuff and compare.
GOOD LUCK!

Magentix

Reaction score
Yeah, I reckon the name is shit atm, but I can't come up with a better one for now so yeah...

And I was indeed thinking of AoS/Arena more than O(RPG) but we'll see how things turn out

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can Make a Series out of this map.

WOW Arena
WOW ORPG
WOW AOS
even
WOW Impossible Bosses (Like Impossible Scenario in Starcraft Where you pit your skills against a powerful boss each level by working with other Players.)

There is alot of ways you can make this map. Im looking forward to this.

Magentix

Reaction score
First teaser uploaded, read the notes!

No screenshots added, since you have to see it in game to have the "ooh, wow" effect <3

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
>WOW Impossible Bosses (Like Impossible Scenario in Starcraft Where you pit your skills against a powerful boss each level by working with other Players.)

Well there's already a map called IMPOSSIBLE BOSSES! made by Psyris... but... yeah lol.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Your keyboard layout is terrible Z S Q A E .. ?

Well will see what comes out of this.

Magentix

Reaction score
Your keyboard layout is terrible Z S Q A E .. ?

Well will see what comes out of this.

It's

AZER
QSDF

As in the Azerty keyboard.
If too many people complain about this, I'll probably switch to Qwerty...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Guess what, more difficult. I'm good at making this one, heres mine for my new game RGTH try putting your ring finger at A, middle finger at R pointing finger at G, the middle and the pointing finger should slide to the letters next to them making it more easy. You might also want EDRF.

Magentix

Reaction score
Will probably change to:

ERTY
DFGH

Since that doesn't change between AZERTY and QWERTY

Magentix

Reaction score
New teaser update: Teaser 1c

Contains same basics so far, but improved coding with PUI, TT and Recycler
Now allows me to add creeps and bosses soon

Fixed a bug with AoE attacks hurting dummies
Fixed a selection bug
Fixed a bug where cooldowns/buff timers malfunctioned

Added F9 menu to show credits and basic info (will be expanded soon)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.