[Project] Team Creation for the purpose of mapping!

igor1222

Reaction score
Hello there!
Let me introduce myself a little before I start doing the "business":
Prefered Game Name: Xenon
Sex: Boy

There we go.
SO!
I was thinking about making a Campaign, or just some very cool maps, for players to enjoy, but making all this on my own can be rather frustrating with High School and all the stuff to do at once.
So, I was thinking, that I would like to collect people for a team, so that we can make some awesome maps ;)

For my own skills, I can do some Terraining/Triggers/Units/Spells/Items in the World Editor. I can also make Icons/Custome Loading Screens(Icon Example look at Avatar xD), in Photoshop. What I guess would be of need to make these projects as good as possible is this:

------------------------------------------------
Cinematic Creator: This position is now proper filled!
Terrainer(Not a complete must, but I guess it would be nice ;))
(Fellow) Trigger Creator: This position is now proper filled!
(Eventually) JASS Coder: This position is now proper filled!
Modeller (Obviously for custom models ^^)
Storywriter/Suggestions/Gameplay Conseptor: This position is now proper filled!

And I guess just having a creative mind :)
------------------------------------------------

If you feel interested, feel free to post here, and we can talk about it.
It would be sweet ^^

Edit: As I said in my post a bit further down, then my sis wants to go along aswell. Her game name would be "Emnesia". Primarly she is also a bit of this and that.

List of people and their function so far:
Igor1222: A bit of everything xD
Bloodcount/rappunk23/Ouguiya: Gameplay Conseptor/StoryWriter
DBZ-123/Never_Quit/istar: Trigger Creatore/JASS Coder
toadish: Terrainer
Ouguiya: Cinematics

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... sounds interesting. I wloud like to applay as gameplay conseptor and storywriter. By gameplay conseptor i mean that i can create interesting items/heroes with nice stories atached to them. Also I am good at just thinking up those small things the map needs. FOr exampple if it is an AoS map, the towers will have minor armor and regen aura, so if u get badly beaten you don't have to get back to the base. As for my storywriting skills, here is a Wip of mine click

igor1222

Reaction score
Sounds good.
I will make a list a bit later, when I get more responses to it.
Just updating the first post I made with people's names and their "function".

EDIT: Oh. My sister is gonna join in to on some parts ^^

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I could supply you with small things you need like a loading screen or other things ;)

igor1222

Reaction score
Hmm...My sis and I are ok at Photoshop, so I don't think we would need that =/
If you are creative, maybe Terrainer?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Don't double post.
More importantly, don't triple post.

People, use your heads for a second! This is another "Omg i bet i can b a gud teme leader cuz i gotza map idie dat is betar dan dota11!".
The first hint I got were the colors.
The second - the job titles.
The third, the job descriptions
The fourth, he seems to have no real idea.
The fith, he recruited his sister (Chances are neitehr of you are even moderate at the world editor)

So instead of wasting half a dozen people's times on a bland, exaggerated, and overblown map; why don't you do it yourself, than recruit a team when it becomes apparent it's needed?

igor1222

Reaction score
Let see.
First off. I didn't just recruit her, she asked.
The colours, was to make it look more appealing rather than dull.
Job titles..well people need to know what they sign for.
I do have ideas.

And I have done some decent stuff in the past at the world editor, and it did take a hell-a-time because I was alone to do it...I have been doing area trigger work for some people before on their maps. Some LotR maps forexample.

And sorry about the bumping, wont happen again :b

Why so negative anyway -_-?

Never_Quit

Reaction score
i'm good at triggers (minus a few leaks)

know a little jass

good with photoshop/inkscape

have some warcraft world editor sound knowlege (along with other general stuff)

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Well I COULD make spells in my spare time even though I'll be doing MY map as well ;)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Windex, get a grip, It took me a while to know the fact that in order to make a good map, evrything starting from terrein, going through leakless triggers, story lines and the most important- gameplay myst be polished if you want to make a deasent map. Not many mappers are good in evrything. Dota for example is made from 3 people. And to make a map you need a shit lot of time. With high school, girlfriend and theatre, I don't have that much time to work on maps, so a team is the choise for me.

istar

Reaction score
i can do triggers, both GUI and JASS
currently learning how to use the return bug
and i am quite free for these days
just post the map and describe the trigger action and it would be done
but i am a little noob in art, so you may need to change the placeholder effects

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
This sounds intrigging, but I am sorry to say I am currently busy working on a map, but I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Ouguiya

Reaction score
I should like to add to what Dameon said that I too am currently too busy working on my own map.

When this one is finished, (releasing updates now and then will not take the same amount of work than making it from scratch), I would be glad to join you.

Also, I hope that you will carry on this project into Starcraft II, since that will be coming out in quite a bit.

As for my Skills: (On a scale from 1-10, 1 meaning no clue at all, and 10 knowing all there is to it)

Terraining: 6
Triggering (GUI): 8
Triggering JASS: 1
Spell Triggering: 6
Object editor: 7
Story-inventing: 9
Map distribution: 7
Cinematics: 7-8
Modelling: 1
Skinning: 1

To explain a bit: Terraining is well... I do make nice terrains once in a while, but that's not where my interest lie.
Triggering GUI: Oh do I love this. Triggering is my most loved work with the world editor, so I have learned quite a deal about it.
JASS: Never learned it, so can't help you with that sadly.
Spell Triggering: It's a very interesting field, and I love flashy spells which make a lot of boom boom.
Object editor: I know most of the fields, what they do, etc., but it's a boring field for me, so I don't really invest much time in it. (Making 30 units and all giving them some abilities isn't all that appealing to me.)
Story inventing: I love writing stories, inventing them, going through them etc., so I dare say that I have become quite good at it.
Map distribution: I own 4 Computers, all having access to the internet, being able to host simultainously on all 4 realms (servers), with auto-host programs. So, if you want a map distributed, leave it to me ;)
Cinematics: A long time ago, this was my sole area of expertise. I loved doing cinematics, and did them quite frequently. I still retain some knowledge from that.
Modelling and skinning: never done either of the two, so I won't really be of a help there. I have basic skills at working with the Gimp, but other than that I have no clue.

Yours,

Ouguiya

igor1222

Reaction score
Storywriter/Suggestions/Gameplay Conseptor Is now filled with 3 persons on it.
Trigger Creatore/JASS Coder Is now filled with 3 persons on it.
Cinematics Is now filled with 1 person on it. (More will make it to messy)
The list looks like this so far:

Igor1222 said:
List of people and their function so far:

Igor1222: A bit of everything xD
Bloodcount/rappunk23/Ouguiya: Gameplay Conseptor/StoryWriter
DBZ-123/Never_Quit/istar: Trigger Creatore/JASS Coder
toadish: Terrainer
Ouguiya: Cinematics

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I can find u links of some spells icons, effects if u need something like that. Im bored anyway

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.