Quest/item ideas?

laxperson808

Reaction score
Im working on an rpg and so far its pretty good (ish) and ive kinda run out of ideas about quests and items and such.. and ideas wud be helpful plz be specific.. rewards how hard so on +rep

coLLosus

Reaction score
Post more information about your rpg or else we'll be just lurking in the dark. Example: My idea is about a quest Pest Control where you have to kill all rats that are in the city. But what if ur rpg is in a cave or something like that and you don't have any cities??

laxperson808

Reaction score
its just kinda an open terrain thing.. its got basicly everything.. city desert frozen wasteland.. plains.. but see.. kill X number of unit Y is just so common place.. i kinda want something with a twist.. or something orignal..
(for expample) This guy says you should help this girl with her rat problems.. you get to her house and talk to her and she loves the rats and wants you to find out whats been kiling them

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Oblivion IV, much?

Lol lax, love the Oblivion IV fighters guild reference. "What about your rat problem?" "Mountain lions!" "Wut?" "Mountain lions have been eating my rats!" lol..Anyways, i've tried to make quite a few rpgs, orpgs, most of them I never got done, so I am now working on a vuen's D&D. Let me ask: does your game have things like Dungeons (twilights eve) and Bosses? If so, you can have the bosses and dungeons rarely drop items stronger then the normal ones, but a very low percentage (In Cot ORPG in chaos mode that boss with the wings only drops his wings 0.3% of the time). That answers atleast SOME of your items. As for quests, I don't really have any specific ideas, but i'm sure if you keep thinking you'll find some perfect for your map.

laxperson808

Reaction score
yup :p elder scrolls IV tech.. oblivion is just the name.. and why not? its got some awsome quest ideas and such
Yes it has dungeons.. and bosses.. and yes ik about rare items that barely drop... i wasnt looking for HOW you get them
But What they are/look like/do

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Techniquely all a rare item would do, like all other items, is give you more stats. Unless of course you want to make, say, an item that gives the player a spell. But i've never seen those drop in an ORPG. Thats about all an item CAN do in this type of game. Aside from like items you need as a quest requirement, that is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.