Question about spells/triggers

Darkrainzodd

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to turn a trigger on and off after learning a spell. I know how to turn one on when so and so learns the first skill but like i want trigger one to turn on when i learn storm bolt rank one and when i learn storm bolt rank two i want that trigger to turn off and a different one to turn on. Unless i can keep it one trigger with different conditions. I'm not sure if this is even possible but i figured i would ask.

Darkrainzodd

Reaction score
Like if a hero learns a spell rank 1, it turns a trigger on. But when you get rank 2 of the same spell it turns on a different trigger.

Counter Setup
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Counter
Actions
Set Counter = 1
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Counter is on.
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Something like that ^ just when i learn rank 2 it turns a different trigger on.

kaboo

Reaction score
you need all those triggers just to change the integer "counter" or for something else?

Darkrainzodd

Reaction score
Okay maybe this is a better example.
I have a spell that when i cast any rank it makes a dummy and the dummy casts rank 1 chain lightning that does 200 damage. I wanted to know if there was a way to make it so when i cast the spell rank 1 it would cast rank 1 chain lightning and when i got rank 2 of that spell and i cast it, the dummy would cast rank 2 chain lightning.

tiennen07

Reaction score
well, in that case, theres no reason to have multiple triggers being turned on and off.

just set the level of chain lightning the dummy casts equal to the level of chain lightning your hero casts.

i would do the trigger, but I am currently at work. no WE here =(

kaboo

Reaction score
Code:
events - unit starts the effect of an ability
conditions - ability being cast equal to your spell
actions
-create dummy
-add chain lightning to dummy
-[B]set level of c.lightning for dummy to level of ability being cast for casting unit[/B]
-order dummy to c.light. targeted unit of ability being cast
this should work if i understand u correctly

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.