[Question]Anti Xdep

ic3_water

Reaction score
Some map can not be opened by xdep. You will get error "Fatal Error : cannot open war3map.w3i"
How can i damage w3i file ?

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Dunno, try using those map protectors and do the most extreme stuff, then try using XDEP?
TheHelper, from what I noticed, only knows so much about certain subjects.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
What is anti xdep?
It sounds like some kind of deprotection program?

I believe it is, and we do not support deprotection of maps here at TheHelper.net.

SteelBawls

Reaction score
No, he's saying he wants his map protetcted from a deprotection program called "xdep".

I'd just try different optimizers/protection methods, and then (assuming you have this program) trying xdep on it to make sure it's secured.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
From what I understand about XDEP, the most it does is rebuilds a map and the triggers into a single script file.
If people want to add cheats into your map, and that's what you're worried about, it can be done without the use of XDEP and it's impossible to protect against.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The way I, and a lot of people I know see it:
If people want to go through that much effort just to cheat, let them.
Cheating ruins a game and makes it no fun any more (At least after like 5 minutes).

With that said, you can use PitzerMike's Widgetizer and Vexorian's Optimizer to protect your map.

There was something else where you could change a file to make your map unreadable by MPQ's, but that's a bit far, at least I think.

ic3_water

Reaction score
The way I, and a lot of people I know see it:
If people want to go through that much effort just to cheat, let them.
Cheating ruins a game and makes it no fun any more (At least after like 5 minutes).

With that said, you can use PitzerMike's Widgetizer and Vexorian's Optimizer to protect your map.

There was something else where you could change a file to make your map unreadable by MPQ's, but that's a bit far, at least I think.
Map was protected by Vexorian's Optimizer can be deprotect with Xderp in 30 seconds

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Because the real reason you use Vexorian's optimizer is for... optimization. Both speed of code execution and map size decreases.

Anyway, there is no protection - if someone wants to get into your map, they will, xdep or no xdep.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
To explain it more:
There is something in MPQ's or that you can change, it's like a number that contains the number of files in your map (Again, not exactly sure).
If you change that number, the World Editor gets screwed up and can't read the map properly, so it can't open it.
The map can't even be seen by MPQ editors, because that number will screw things up.

ic3_water

Reaction score
To explain it more:
There is something in MPQ's or that you can change, it's like a number that contains the number of files in your map (Again, not exactly sure).
If you change that number, the World Editor gets screwed up and can't read the map properly, so it can't open it.
The map can't even be seen by MPQ editors, because that number will screw things up.
Damage MPQ doesnt affect to deprotection program :| I have tried

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.