[Question] Floating Text

haxic

Reaction score
If I _Disable_ Permanence and set _Life Timer_ to 2 seconds on a Floating Text, will that Floating Text get Destroyed/Removed, or do I have to Destroy/Remove all Floating Texts manually - to reduce memory leaks and such?

Anachron

Reaction score
Its will get destroyed/removed automaticly.
But for the others, you should destroy them yourself.
Wc3 has a limit of 90 texttags. Some say 100, but it begins to bug with 90. (Own experience)

haxic

Reaction score
But for the others, you should destroy them themself.
Wc3 has a limit of 90 texttags. Some say 100, but it begins to bug with 90. (Own experience)

Alright, thanks for info :)

Nexor

Reaction score
But for the others, you should destroy them yourself.

Here's a picture how many texttags there can be. it's only 100 :)

TT_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Nexor

Reaction score
Nah, I just did a test, and it seems, that somehow they are hardcoded, they don't count in. :(
I'm sad, I thought I was right

Anachron

Reaction score
Hmm yeah, I guess maybe TextTags are limited to 100 only because of the massive amount of abilitytexttags you could have?

haxic

Reaction score
Been playing around with TextTags for a while now, and I just don't get it to work... I save all TextTags in an array, count which array its currently on. When the array have reached 50, its restart from 1, but before creating a new TextTag on 1, it removes the previous. etc

If ( Counter greater than or equal to 50
do (
set Counter = 1 )
else (
set Counter = Counter + 1 )
)
Destroy TextTag [Counter]
Create TextTag
change permanency = 0 (and some other text settings)
set TextTag[1] = last created Floating Text

when this "loop" have past a few times, then the texts start f*cking up totally... anyone got any ideas?

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Wow that seems like a shit load of code just to display damage....
I would look through it but i cant now to lazy =P

haxic

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Display Damage Copy
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • GDD_Damage Greater than 0.00
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of GDD_DamageSource) is in Global_Players) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Global_Floating_Counter Greater than or equal to 50
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Global_Floating_Counter = 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Global_Floating_Counter = (Global_Floating_Counter + 1)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(Global_Floating_Counter))
          • Floating Text - Destroy Global_Floating_Text[Global_Floating_Counter]
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer(GDD_Damage)))) at (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit) with Z offset 25.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Set Global_Floating_Text[Global_Floating_Counter] = (Last created floating text)
          • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to (Random real number between 60.00 and 90.00) towards (Random real number between 75.00 and 105.00) degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
          • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group((Owner of GDD_DamageSource)))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Here, a little easier to handle xD
Well all my triggers works, for now atleast... Its just the Floating Text that mess up :(

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
If i was you i would just search through hiveworkshop.com for a damage display system.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.