[Question]Hardened Skin

felnix

Reaction score
Hi helpers! Can Hardened Skin stack? I used Hardened Skin in my item with stats:
Chance to reduce damage(%) = 100.00
Ignored damage = 5.00
Minimum damage = 0.00
Include melee/ranged damage = both True

But if my hero takes 2 x of this items in inventory, it only ignored 6 ~ 8 damage when a unit with exact 10 damage attack.

What is the problem? Is it Hardened Skin can't be stack? If yes, is there another way to solve this problem?

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
It will only activate once.
No, is a simple answer.

How it works is like this.
Let's say you have two Hardened Skins, with 80% chance to block 5 damage.
It will have an 80% chance to block 5 damage, if it DOES block the damage, it will not block anymore, if it doesn't however, it will have a further 80% chance to block 5 damage. It wont increase more then 5, though.

So your ability can only block 5 damage in total, regards of the amount of times you repeat it.

(The reason it is blocking MORE then 5 but LESS then 10 is to do with armor, I imagine.)

felnix

Reaction score
awww! Then I have to remove all my Hardened Skin based items.

Anyways, thanks for explaining.:) +rep

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There is the alternative of adding levels through a disabled spell book, which would hide the unit ability and make it seem like an item ability. That way, you could stack by increasing or decreasing levels depending on the amount of items the hero is carrying.

felnix

Reaction score
Disabled spell book seem very useful. But if I use it to replace item, I have to create huge amount of level for hardened skin since my items can be upgrade. Hmmm.... at least I can take a try. Thanks you very much, Bogrim. +rep

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
just a fyi if u do use a huge amount of levels for it, it will lag the first time a unit gets this ability - it's generally a good idea to have a dummy with your spell pre-placed on the map, so that it loads it during the loading instead of in-game

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.