Question: Linking one map to another?

Madpassion

Reaction score
I am a fairly new user of the World Editor, but I still have alot to learn. I was wondering if it were possible to create a main map and have, say a cave so that when the player touches the cave (or an object such as a region) it will load another, maybe smaller map representing inside the cave. In my case the main map is a city (My very first creation(attached)) and I would like the far north gate to link to a "castle" map and the southern side to link to a forest map. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• City(test(first)).w3x
    45.5 KB · Views: 133

95blojoe

Reaction score
I am a fairly new user of the World Editor, but I still have alot to learn. I was wondering if it were possible to create a main map and have, say a cave so that when the player touches the cave (or an object such as a region) it will load another, maybe smaller map representing inside the cave. In my case the main map is a city (My very first creation(attached)) and I would like the far north gate to link to a "castle" map and the southern side to link to a forest map. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Theres loads of map simular to this btu its not possible to link a map liek that,

Hmm lets say ever played Impossible bosses?
They simply has a very big map and uses the trigger
Unit - Move unit (intantly) bla bla...
Adn got that "other map" as a region on the same map and the unit is teleported there, understund? :D
Hope its helped ya xD

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
It is posiable in the wc3 beastmaster campaign it did switch the map when u entered a cave but i dont know how

Madpassion

Reaction score
@95blojoe - Yeah, I have thought about doing it that way. I am planning to make it a single player campaign (hoping this will let it work regarding the other replies) and to eventually create a large world to explore.

@SharkBait87 - Well it would have to be. I looked at one of the actual campaign maps from the Frozen Throne (Orc prologue) and checked out the cave leading to the thunderidge area and also the cave leading to the cavern (goblin quest) area, but they are not on the main map. I found they were a separate map (within the w3patch.mpq file). I looked at the triggers etc, but because it's a map made for the game its just to complicated lol. So I'm not sure either.

@Azylaminaz - Seeing as my plan for it is to be a single player game this should help me. Haven't had time to read it through though
@Exide - Thanks for the additional link. Again havent had time to read it.

Thanks everyone for replying.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.