Quick Noob Question on Constant Summoning

HYdroKane

Reaction score
I am hoping this will work for just Wc3 with or w/out the expansion. I want to put a structure down. IE 'Tent', I want that tent to summon mobs at a certain rate. Once the structure is destroyed I would like the structure to quit summoning mobs.

On the same note I would like to know how to make a like structure 'invulnerable' but just constantly summoning mobs at a certain rate.

blooman

Reaction score
give it the ability invulnerable
and the first ones u need a trigger
Trigger:
  • Lol
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Godamthing for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

Trigger:
  • Lol2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (==) Your Building
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Lol <gen>

_whelp

Reaction score
Will this suffice?

Trigger:
  • Constant Spawn
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Altar of Kings 0041 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set SpawnLoc = ((Position of Altar of Kings 0041 <gen>) offset by 100.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at SpawnLoc facing 270.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpawnLoc)

Turtlehead91

Reaction score
um.. ok. Blooman that one has what you need but if you start the game w/out the building built it will still summon. if you want this to activate once the building is built you can do an if/else/then trigger like this. You also need to make the point variable TempPoint.
Trigger:
  • LOL
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Center of YourSummoningRegion <gen>)
      • If ((Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to YourBuilding))) Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Create 1 YourUnit for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

for the Custom Script you need to type that in. IT IS CASE SENSATIVE! But it will make it leakless

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
@both of you
Nice try, but I assume he'd like it a little more flexible.

Trigger:
  • Tent Spawning
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Tent) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set SpawnLoc = (Position of (Picked Unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner Of (Picked Unit) at SpawnLoc facing 0.00 degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpawnLoc)

_whelp

Reaction score
Who's 'both of you'? Well, if I'm one of them, it's because I don't really have much GUI experience, except for my failed attempts at a lot of things.

HYdroKane

Reaction score
All of the ideas worked great. I used a little more simple one and it works great. Another 2 things I am looking for:

1. How do I add items/upgrades to this structure? Say it is summoning a Ogre every 5 seconds. Can I put an upgrade that costs 1k gold or 1k trees to up the Ogres Defense/offense Or upgrade the time between spawns?

2. If say structure is destroyed (5 total and only 1 left) it would end the game as if you defeated the enemy in a normal battle by destroying his entire base.

Thanks for the suggestions on my first question it worked great.

Turtlehead91

Reaction score
nice to see you figured it out without useing our triggers :)
i am not 100% sure on an answer for your other questions so i hope somone else can help you. other whys i can take a shot at it anouther day.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.