Racing Items/Traps/Obstacles And Such

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I need some ideas for items, traps, obstacles and such for a racing styled map.
Just a couple of ideas could be engines, tires and gearboxes (guns too, since you can shoot eachother, they shouldn't be too damaging thou).
Make the names stuff like Lolengine, Roflmotor, Noobtire etc.

Item Template:
Name: -
Description: -
Effect/Model (if needed): -
Triggered or not: Y/N

Obstacle/Trap Template:
Name: -
Description: -
Model: -

Septimus

Reaction score
Trap ? How about spike ? Blow off the tyres and reduces it's speed by 75%

Name: - Spike
Description: - Blow off the tyres and reduces it's speed by 75%
Model: - A spike at the ground.

Diamondeye

Reaction score
Name: Overheater
Description: A powerful heat generator that temporary overheats the enemy engine, putting it out for some seconds.
Model: Orb of Fire (Icon)
Effect: Building Damage (Human/Undead) Medium, attachpoint: Engine.

NaPzt3R

Reaction score
Trap ? How about spike ? Blow off the tyres and reduces it's speed by 75%

Name: - Spike
Description: - Blow off the tyres and reduces it's speed by 75%
Model: - A spike at the ground.
Done.

Name: Overheater
Description: A powerful heat generator that temporary overheats the enemy engine, putting it out for some seconds.
Model: Orb of Fire (Icon)
Effect: Building Damage (Human/Undead) Medium, attachpoint: Engine.
Aaand, done.

Thanks for the ideas. ;)

EDIT:
Need more ideas. About.. 4-5 traps more. And about 10 items. :)

Diamondeye

Reaction score
Dwarven Liquor

Potion of divinity

A fiery substance that powers up the engine, speeding up the movement for 30% for 15 secs. When used there is a 5% chance that the driver will think "why not?", take a sip, and get drunk (miss chance, mana loss, whatever).

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Engine blaster (item, 3 charges)
Doubles your speed for 5 seconds at the cost of X hp
Icon: dunno... don't have WE open (I never have xD)

Steel chassis
Gives more hp but reduces speed
Icon: again... WE closed

Hyper speed
Turns the vehicle into electric charge and moves it extremely fast to a certain point (gains 0 collision), damaging any vehicle it passes trough
when it reaches the target point it stops for 3-5 seconds and releases electric sphere slowing every nearby vehicle by 50% for 5 seconds
Icon: ....

NaPzt3R

Reaction score
Dwarven Liquor

Potion of divinity

A fiery substance that powers up the engine, speeding up the movement for 30% for 15 secs. When used there is a 5% chance that the driver will think "why not?", take a sip, and get drunk (miss chance, mana loss, whatever).

Engine blaster (item, 3 charges)
Doubles your speed for 5 seconds at the cost of X hp
Icon: dunno... don't have WE open (I never have xD)

Steel chassis
Gives more hp but reduces speed
Icon: again... WE closed

Hyper speed
Turns the vehicle into electric charge and moves it extremely fast to a certain point (gains 0 collision), damaging any vehicle it passes trough
when it reaches the target point it stops for 3-5 seconds and releases electric sphere slowing every nearby vehicle by 50% for 5 seconds
Icon: ....

Brilliant ideas guys.
I really like the Dwarven Liquor. :p

EDIT:
Is there any item that gives movement bonus except boots of speed?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
you can make any item and give it the "movement speed bonus" ability...

here are some classic weapons (make them as attachments):

Rocket launcher
Fires 3 rockets to random directions in front of the "caster", cooldown 10-20 seconds
Icon: Cluster rockets?
Effect: Cluster rockets?

Minigun
Deals low damage, but shots very fast. Has a 1% chance to breach enemy tires slowing them by 40% for 5 seconds.
Icon: There isn't a perfect icon in default wc3 directory for this one... you should dl some
Effect: Some rapid fire coming out of the minigun
Can have 2 miniguns at the same time (1 on each side)

for the obstacles you could make a tree that fell on the road blocking the path, or some shallow water - when the vehicles go over it they are slowed by 50%

here is 1 funny "ultimate" trap:
calls stampede of elephants that go over the road, any vehicle that gets hit by the elephant is damaged and slowed...

Septimus

Reaction score
Slick Oil
Description : A slippery oil that could cause the car harder to be manouver
Description : A pool of yellow substance.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Name: V16Engine
Description: This is the most powerful engine, it will make the car move faster.
Effect/Model (if needed): Nope
Triggered or not: Nope

It will need a pretty good boost of speed and horsepower tho.

Edit: Yes, it is named after a real engine!

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Traps/Obstacles
Name: Goblin Superglue
Description: Residu from a chemical process in a Goblin Factory. Despite its radioactivity often used as superglue. Slows all who drive over it by 80%.
Model: Puddle of water, but green, blue, or yellow.

Name: Dwarven Boombox
Description: A wooden crate filled with dangerous, unstable dwarven explosives! When you hit it it will explode. You will be knocked back 300 distance, take 50 damage, and be stunned for a second.
Model: Wooden Cage

Name: Mikibishi
Description: Ninja's best friend, now available in Azeroth. Throw these pointy metal stingers on the ground to get those behind you a couple of flat tires. Any opponents driving over these with <name one of your tires> or tires with lesser quality will have a flat tire, reducing their speed by 40% for 5 seconds.
Model: Puddle of water, but green, blue, or yellow.

Name: Enraged Chicken
Description: This chicken is angry! It will charge at whoever comes in 300 range of it and stick to their head for 5 seconds. Players with a chicken attacking their head steer much worse and are unable to use items or spells.
Model: Chicken (red tinted)

Items
Name: Goblin Rocketjuice
Description: This refined fluid is both an exeptional fuel as a tasty treat for the goblin kind. Throw it in your tank for a short but powerfull 80% speedboost for 4 seconds!
Effect/Model (if needed): Flames from the back of your car
Triggered or not: Not necessarily

Name: Tires of L33t H4xX0rn3sS
Description: Hacked to existance, these tires are one of the best around. Not only do they increase your grip on the road, but they also nullify the effect from minor flat-tire traps, like nails and such.
Effect/Model (if needed): none
Triggered or not: I think so

Name: Sapphirons Whistle
Description: A small, blue whistle that belongs to the mighty dragon Sapphiron. Blow it to call upon Sapphiron, who will pick up your car and drag him over the road at twice your normal speed! While airborn, you're immune to traps on the road and have no collision size (after all you're flying over everything). Sapphiron drops you down again after 6 seconds.
Effect/Model (if needed): A large, blue dragon that picks you up and throws you down again.
Triggered or not: Hell yeah

Name: Sneaky-Bastard-Chain
Description: An iron chain with a hook attached to it, exeptionally suitable for hanging yourself behind other peoples cars. Target a nearby car with this to hang behind him. While active, you will always be right behind the target car with a 300 distance between you 2. You will be travelling at the same speed as he does, untill the effect wears off after 5 seconds and you will have to drive on your own again.
Effect/Model (if needed): A meathook-like effect between you and your target
Triggered or not: most likely

Name: Scroll of the Kodo
Description: A magical scroll with a kodo sealed inside it! Use this scroll to replace your car with a kodo beast for 7 seconds. While on a kodo, you will move at 150% of your normal speed and are immune to any negative effect. Also, every unit hit by you while on your kodo will be knocked aside and stunned for 1.5 second.
Effect/Model (if needed): A kodo that replaces your car
Triggered or not: At least the knockback will need triggers

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
TRAPS / OBSTACLES

Name: Massive Explosion
Description: Once touched, triggers a very powerful Massive Explosion that sets every vehicle on fire. The vehicle that touches this must have a Explosion Triggerer, otherwise it will set the vehicle instead on fire.
Model: Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl (Explosion, scaled 10x)
units\creeps\GoblinLandMine\GoblinLandMine.mdl (Before it explodes)

Name: Blunt Wooden Nail
Description: Although this little thing is a blunt and a wooden nail, it is not to be trifled with. Vehicles which run over it will have a 25% chance of getting out of control.
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=88771&prev=status=g&search=spike&d=list&r=20

Name: Blunt Iron Nail
Description: This nail is blunt, but look at its material. Such a hard and refined iron is not one you would run over. And if you did run over it, you have a 50% chance to run out of control.
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=88771&prev=status=g&search=spike&d=list&r=20

Name: Sharp Wooden Nail
Description: An upgraded form of the Blunt Wooden Nail. Certainly, this upgraded nail is really one of a kind. Although it is wooden, it is sharp and will definitely spin out of control very easily. 25% of getting out of control, and if you did get out of control, I say good luck...
Model:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=88771&prev=status=g&search=spike&d=list&r=20

Name: Sharp Iron Nail
Description: This nasty little thing is the source of most vehicle accidents today! With so many of them lying on the road, it is not a surprise to see so many cars getting out of control. 50% of getting out of control, but since it is Sharp, I would suggest you pray hard you don't get out of control.

ITEMS

Name: Explosion Triggerer
Description: This item can work in two ways. Firstly, it can trigger the Massive Explosion trap, and in another way, it will set a Massive Explosion trap on the ground.
Model: units\creeps\GoblinLandMine\GoblinLandMine.mdl

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.