Rage

The_Reaping

Reaction score
Okay, so my ability rage is a passive ability that whenever my hero kills a unit, he recieves a rage counter that increases his damage and attack speed by a small amount but can stack up to 5 times. Each counter lasts 10 seconds, but if the hero kills another enemy before the timer expires, the timer resets and the rage counter increases.

My problem: I don't know how to reset the timer after he kills another unit.. :/

The trigger I have at the moment is.

Trigger:
  • Rage Counters
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to Rage Demon
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Killing unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RageCounter = (RageCounter + 1)
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(RageCounter)) at (Position of Caster) with Z offset 90.00, using font size 15.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Rage for Caster) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Rage Attack Speed (Level 1) to Caster
              • Unit - Add Rage Damage (Level 1) to Caster
              • Unit - Set level of Rage Attack Speed (Level 1) for Caster to RageCounter
              • Unit - Set level of Rage Damage (Level 1) for Caster to RageCounter
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Rage for Caster) Equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Rage Attack Speed (Level 2) to Caster
                  • Unit - Add Rage Damage (Level 2) to Caster
                  • Unit - Set level of Rage Attack Speed (Level 2) for Caster to RageCounter
                  • Unit - Set level of Rage Damage (Level 2) for Caster to RageCounter
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Rage for Caster) Equal to 3
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Rage Attack Speed (Level 3) to Caster
                      • Unit - Add Rage Damage (Level 3) to Caster
                      • Unit - Set level of Rage Attack Speed (Level 3) for Caster to RageCounter
                      • Unit - Set level of Rage Damage (Level 3) for Caster to RageCounter
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Rage for Caster) Equal to 4
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Add Rage Attack Speed (Level 4) to Caster
                          • Unit - Add Rage Damage (Level 4) to Caster
                          • Unit - Set level of Rage Attack Speed (Level 4) for Caster to RageCounter
                          • Unit - Set level of Rage Damage (Level 4) for Caster to RageCounter
                        • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start RageTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Err not sure.. But that's not the bit i'm having trouble with :/ It's the checking to see if the hero kills another unit during the 10 seconds that I don't know how to do.

Well you don't need to check, because you have a trigger that already checks when a unit is killed! Just add some actions at the end of your trigger to reset the timer and then restart it for 10 seconds.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Just a short note, if you set your abilities to ability arrays, you can jsut simple do

For each integer A do:
If level of rage caster equal to integer A
Then give the abilities[integer A]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.