raise terrain in-game

madd_999

Reaction score
now i was wondering is there any way to use the "raise" and "lower" or the "increase one" and "decrease one" using custom code or some simple jass lines?

i checked the trigers and the only triggers i found where deformation's and change "terrain type"...

i red somewhere that deformations cause de-sync but i am not for sure.. and i cant use it to properly raise or lower terrain..

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there is no terrain function anywhere that will do what you want. The closest is, as you mentioned, the terrain deformation.

werasd

Reaction score
In age of myths you're able to see some terrain changes when abilities are used. I don't know if they use that terrain deformation. The "raise" and "lower" you mean, is to increase a floor?

madd_999

Reaction score
"raise" and "lower" and the "increase one" and "decrease one" are editor tools.. the increase and decrese will create blizzard cliffs.. the raise and lower will just increase the hight..

well i hoped there was a way of doing it.. i was planning to create a map with random terain (at least every time you reload it) using pre programmed map chunks.. so the game would puzzle out what piece's to use in what regions every time.. selecting from an X amout of posible chunks he can use in the region..

Teach101

Reaction score
Use deformation under enviroment in gui. Negative deformations go up and positive deformations go down.

madd_999

Reaction score
yay.. thanks.. that works... now i only need to find out how to make it a flat square instead of a pointy circle :)..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.