Random Questions

howlingwolf

Reaction score
1. What's the difference between GUI and MUI? I know JASS is custom script, but what are the others? And are there any more?

2. I want to make an Invoker-like cyclone spell (for those who don't know, a tornado on a straight line, picking up all enemies it hits and does damage). How would I go about doing that?

3. How would I go about making a Focus Fire (gives maximum attack speed for a short time) spell?

Thanks so much!

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
1. MUI and GUI are totally different things.

MUI means that a trigger is usable if 2+ people cast it at the same time

GUI, is pretty much what you see in the normal WE (it has more clicking than typing, unlike JASS)

EDIT: I think you did post in the right spot :p

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
GUI - Triggers made using the GUI (General User Interface). Simplistic, but lacking capability.
Jass - Custom script that GUI generates / Written scripts.
vJass - Advanced jass that as far as I know is a hybrid between a couple different languages allowing massive capability.
MUI - Multi Unit Instansability. More than one unit can cast at the same time.
MPI - Multi Player Instansability. Primarily used for systems that are for player commands, not unit commands. (More than one player can use at the same time)

Making spells like that is very difficult. I believe there's already the "tornado" ability, you just need to move it around.

A spell which gives the targeted unit berserk that increases attack speed by 1 million... (over exxageration).

You can't really ask for knowledge that you acquire over practice.
Make simple spells.
Don't rush into jass on the first month of GUI.
Don't you EVER think of running into vJass after a day of regular Jass.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
JASS = Custom Script that all Warcraft III maps use. GUI get converted into JASS during saving. A lot of GUI uses BJs, which is why people say that JASS is better (as far as I know).
vJASS = An extension of JASS, which adds a lot of new features, such as libraries, scopes, textmacros, structs, and more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.