Random Tinker Rocket Strikes help?

Super Shadow

Reaction score
ok for my map, i wanna have some random events. One is that itll randomly rain infernals doing 100 damage and stun heroes 6 secs, units 12 secs. I dont want it to kill trees (and u cant edit infernos to not kill trees), so i based the ability off tinkers cluster rockets. I made it look like inferno and it works all right when i test it with one of my player owned units. How it is excecuted is via trigger.
I have 2 invis neutral passive units that has the spell with a 0.1 cooldown for this spell. I
Code:
Meteor Storm Copy
    Events
        Time - Every 1.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set randmeteor = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area))))
        Unit - Order Dummy1 0024 <gen> to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets randmeteor
        Set randmeteor2 = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area))))
        Unit - Order Dummy1 0023 <gen> to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets randmeteor2
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_randmeteor)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_randmeteor2)
and another code ends it after 60 secs.The problem is for some weird reason, the units dont get stunned, only the 100 damage hurt. But when i use that same ability with a regular unit belonging to me player red, it does stun them. Why? P.S. the ability was custom made, u know copy and paste tinker ability to create a new tinker ability, jus too let u know.
Credit in my map will be given :p

THE_X

Reaction score
you could make a dummy unit that flys way above a unit and have its scaling value like 4 or so then have it cast storm bolt on ur unit and give the projectile the model of demon hunters metimorphises forms projectile that looks like infernal to me, and it should be a big scaling value since the dummys scaling value is large too

But can you take a screeny of your cluster rockets ablity and post so i can see what u did to it?

Super Shadow

Reaction score
k, the only problem is im leaving away for the weekend... so i wont be able to work on it until i get back monday. so ya ill just put it off till then. ill submit a youtube video of what happens in game along with photos of how i made the trigger and ability

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
btw. you leak a group there:

Code:
Meteor Storm Copy
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set randmeteor = (Position of (Random unit from ([COLOR="Red"]Units in (Playable map area[/COLOR]))))
        Set randmeteor2 = (Position of (Random unit from ([COLOR="Red"]Units in (Playable map area[/COLOR]))))

leakless:

Code:
Meteor Storm Copy
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area)
        Set randmeteor = (Position of (Random unit from TempGroup)))
        Set randmeteor2 = (Position of (Random unit from TempGroup)))
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Super Shadow

Reaction score
thanks for the jass to get rid of leaks, but the problem was it was neutral passive. when i switched it to neutral hostile they got stunned and hurt, not just hurt. Pretty weird, but i guese thats the way blizzard programmed it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.