RealID - new privacy settings

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Blizzard poster said:
We'd like to make you aware of the new Real ID-related privacy options we've introduced to Battle.net. These options provide Real ID users with additional tools for customizing the service based on their preferences, enabling the ability to opt in or out of the Real ID "Friends of Friends" and "Add Facebook Friends" features or to turn off Real ID altogether.

Real ID offers an optional, convenient way for keeping in touch with real-world friends you know and trust, whether they're playing World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, or one of our future games. The "Friends of Friends" and "Add Facebook Friends" features provide you with even more options to stay connected while you play by making it easier for real-life friends to locate each other on Battle.net. You can easily enable or disable these features through your Battle.net privacy settings by logging in to your Battle.net account at http://www.battle.net/.

Source

Don't know if you were using it... but, anyway, there's some new options now, like turning it off (look for "Communications settings").

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
And when will we get the ability to make it easier to locate and communicate with non-Real ID friends?

god blizzard sucks

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Patch 1.2 will probably have that, by the end of this year, so you'll have a lot of time to wait. :D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
This sounds to me like a step in the right direction for Blizzard - more options are always better than less.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
" sounds to me like a step in the right direction "

This, to me, sounds like it implies Blizzard was completely off track until now.
Well, I'm probably just having my controversial day...

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming Blizzard's goal is to please their customers, and based on the feedback they have been getting, then yes, I'd say they were somewhat off track before. :p
This of course doesn't say anything to whether or not RealID was actually anything useful or not. Doesn't really matter, either. As I said, more options are preferred to less, and Blizzard doesn't seem to be getting rid of it out of the blue. I tend to think that Blizzard knows what they are doing, despite what many out there think to the contrary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.