Reducing the movement speed to units hits by Starfall? How can i do that?

joaoac

Reaction score
With triggers you can set that allways starfall is casted, every enemy unit on same range of starfall are aflicted with the Slow ability.

A

Aveng3r

With triggers you can set that allways starfall is casted, every enemy unit on same range of starfall are aflicted with the Slow ability.

Thanks but How would be the action part?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
do something like
unit group - pick every unit within 500 of casting unit and do
create 1 dummy unit for owner of casting unit and postiton of picked unit
cause last created unit to slow picked unit

soemthing like that, theres leaks and crap , so you'll have to fix it

A

Aveng3r

Thanks but is possible to to something like this?

Create a dummy unit for casting unit at position of castig unit. The dummy will have that ability(like an aura).
The problem is remove it when the casting unit stop to cast...

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make a trigger with the event, unit stops channeling an ability.

[LuDo]-CamuS

Reaction score
make that when sum1 casts the starfall, give the buff to every enemy unit in range.. then on another trigger, make that if a unit has the buff, it gets slowed.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
make that when sum1 casts the starfall, give the buff to every enemy unit in range.. then on another trigger, make that if a unit has the buff, it gets slowed.

That's exactly what Brutal said but with an unnecessary buff...?
Oh btw, to make it easy, take the aura that the tauren hero has (don't remember the name). The one that provides extra speed to all friendly units in range. Set targets allowed to enemies only and change the value to something negative. There you go an aoe slow ability without triggers :p.

A

Aveng3r

Thanks to all for help me but im little confused:confused:

I think that creating a dummy unit for casting unit at position of casting unit is the best, but how would be that trigger? and how would be the trigger that remove the dummy when the casting unit stop to cast the ability?

I can execute 2 of those abilities at the same time?

Thanks

B

benj_war3

Try changing the model and buff of a poison ability or Slow ability by the Human Sorceress.

Squishy

Reaction score
Use these actions:
Unit - Create one Dummy owned by Owner of Casting Unit at position of casting unit facing default duilding facing degrees
Unit - Add a (Casting Time of your spell) Generic Expiration timer to last created unit.

Thats from memory so the wording might not be exact.

A

Aveng3r

Unit - Add a (Casting Time of your spell) Generic Expiration timer to last created unit.

That action will automatic remove the dummy when the unit stop to cast the ability? or?

Thanks

Squishy

Reaction score
If you set the number to the casting time of you spell, then the unit will dies when the spells duration is up. It will not die, however, if the casting is interrupted.

A

Aveng3r

If you set the number to the casting time of you spell, then the unit will dies when the spells duration is up. It will not die, however, if the casting is interrupted.

Oh i see. And how i could remove it of the spell is interrupted?

Squishy

Reaction score
A simply way of doing it could be using the event A Unit Stops Channeling an Ability and then destroying all nearby dummys. But that might interfere with other castings of the ability if they were casted close together.

A

Aveng3r

A simply way of doing it could be using the event A Unit Stops Channeling an Ability and then destroying all nearby dummys. But that might interfere with other castings of the ability if they were casted close together.

Thanks, that isnt a problem if create de dummy in the place of the casting unit and i destroy the dummy in a little range. What action is that?(for destroy nearby dummys) It can set the area of destruction?

Squishy

Reaction score
The action would be:
Pick all Units in (Units in within (Your Abilities Range) of position of triggering unit matching (Unit type of matching unit equal to dummy)) and do actions:
Remove picked Unit

Something like that.

B

benj_war3

Not sure about this but it might help:

Code:
Starfall
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Starfall (more powerful)
        ((Region centered at (Position of (Casting unit)) with size (400.00, 400.00)) contains (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to True
    Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.