Reducing Unit Size and Custom Ability Buffs

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
1. How do I reduce the size of a unit?
2. I made my own Unholy Frenzy ability and changed what it does a little bit and I changed the description. But how come in game when I cast it in game, the status buffs on the unit of Unholy Frenzy still has the same description from before I changed it.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
1. You can reduce a unit's size by using triggers. It's under 'Animation'. 'Animation - Change Unit Size' or something like that.
2. Did you change the buff used by your custom ability to your custom buff?

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
1. You can reduce a unit's size by using triggers. It's under 'Animation'. 'Animation - Change Unit Size' or something like that.
2. Did you change the buff used by your custom ability to your custom buff?

2. I actually straight up removed it, but it still shows up in game when I cast my customed ability.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
2. Removing it from the ability does nothing. WE will think that it's a custom buff that's gone missing and go back to standard.
You need to replace it with a custom buff.

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
thanks got it. As for the reducing of unit sizes...what would my condition be if I just wanted to always have a unit be a specific size?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This can be done in the objcet editor, under:
Art - Scaling Value

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
I've a few other problems that I cannot quite figure out (mostly because I'm terrible at triggering).

1. In the beginning of my map, players say either -human or -orc to either get human units or orc units. Now, once in a blue moon, a person will say this, and get nothing. I don't quite understand why. 90% it works, but the other 10% it doesn't.

2. I'm trying to make a Raise Dead spell that doesn't have an autocast. I've looked at preexisting abilities, and I think I'm going to need to make a trigger for this.

3. I'm trying to make a ability that increases movement speed only. I was told that if I made a custom cripple ability with the decreased movement speed in the negatives, the speed of the unit with said ability will increase. However, I tried that and saw no results. Maybe I should make a custom Unholy Frenzy or Bloodlust that only increases movement speed?

4. I'm trying to make a divine shield type ability that makes another unit invulnerable, not the unit that has the spell. I've learned that changing the targets on the customed divine shield does nothing.

5. How come even though I've taken Call to Arms out from the town hall/keep/castle, it still shows up in game?

Komaqtion

Reaction score
1. I don't really understand what you mean here :S What's "blue moon" ??
2. Maybe try the item ability, Raise Dead ??? :S And mix with it for your needs :D
3. Just use Endurance Aura, but with 0 in the Attack Speed field ;)
4. Try the Item Temporary Invulnerability, ability :D Just modify the target effect and buff :D
5. Don't know :(

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
1. I don't really understand what you mean here :S What's "blue moon" ??
2. Maybe try the item ability, Raise Dead ??? :S And mix with it for your needs :D
3. Just use Endurance Aura, but with 0 in the Attack Speed field ;)
4. Try the Item Temporary Invulnerability, ability :D Just modify the target effect and buff :D
5. Don't know :(

1. What I meant was that it rarely happens, but sometimes it does for some strange reason.
2.Thanks! It worked
3. I want to be able to point and click the ability onto a friendly unit. Isn't Endurance Aura an auto passive ability?
4. The buff I have is invulnerability and the targets are: Air, Alive, Friend, Ground, Invulnerable, Not Self, Player Units, Vulnerable. However, when I test out the ability, the unit still casts it on itself.
5. =(

Komaqtion

Reaction score
1. Oh, ok then... Maybe post the trigger ?? :D
2. good ;)
3. Ok, but then maybe trigger it :S Create a new ability, based on "Channel" (This is the ideal ability for triggering, and change these fields:
Data - Art Duration -> 0
Data - Disable Other Abilities -> False
Data - Follow Through Time -> 0
Data - Options -> Visible
Data - Target Type -> Unit Target

Then make a trigger which gives endurance aura to the target unit of the ability, and then add it to a spellbook, and disable it... this way they get the effect of the aura, but can't see the icon :D

4. Then sorry, don't know ... Will check more of the existing abilities now :D

Komaqtion

Reaction score
For the target divine shield, here's a JASS version of it... though of course need JNGP... sorry :(

JASS:
scope DivineTarget initializer Init

globals
    private constant integer ABIL_ID = 'A014'                                                        // The rawcode of the ability!
    private constant string PATH = "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\DivineShield\\DivineShieldTarget.mdl"  // The path to the effect on the target!
    private constant string ATTACH_POINT = "origin"                                                  // Probably explains itself, but the attach point of the effect!
    private constant real DUR = 10                                                                   // The duration of the shield!
endglobals

private function Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() == ABIL_ID
endfunction

private function Spell takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit c = GetTriggerUnit()
    local unit t = GetSpellTargetUnit()
    local effect e = AddSpecialEffectTarget(PATH,t,ATTACH_POINT)
    call SetUnitInvulnerable(t, true)
    call TriggerSleepAction(DUR)
    call SetUnitInvulnerable(t, false)
    call DestroyEffect(e)
    set c = null
    set t = null
endfunction

//===========================================================================
private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( t, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddAction(t, function Spell)
    call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition( function Conditions))
endfunction

endscope

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Komaqtion just base the ability of frost armour then change the buff to divine shield so not triger fx needed

Gtam

Reaction score
No you still need trigger but you can do what i said and make the triger not create and destroy fx

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well,anyways, here's the "GUI" version of the trigger:
Trigger:
  • Divine Target GUI
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Target
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit target = GetSpellTargetUnit()
      • Custom script: local effect e = AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\DivineShield\\DivineShieldTarget.mdl",target,"origin")
      • Custom script: call SetUnitInvulnerable(target, true)
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call SetUnitInvulnerable(target, false)
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(e)
      • Custom script: set target = null

If you base the spell on frost armor, then just remove these lines.
Trigger:
  • Custom script: local effect e = AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\DivineShield\\DivineShieldTarget.mdl",target,"origin")
    • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(e)

Gtam

Reaction score
Wouldnt you want it to lvl up then you will need a formula for the wait or triggersleepaction

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
i'm terrible at triggers, alrdy my mind has been blown o_O

btw, i posted screen shots of my trigger from what I was talking about before that sometimes didn't work. It's at the bottom of the first page

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.