Region merging !

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Latin america and North america are becomming one...

We, EU guys will wellcome our commrades from Russia.

Personally I am quite pleased with this... who knows... maybe someday I (aka when HOTS is released) we will see one big happy region.

PS: Wtf happened to blizzard dota?

PS2: I think this is blizzard's answer too "I am searching for team games and it is taking ages" Cool choice.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Due to the merge our player pool here in EU will grow by about 12%. Not many Russians playing in comparison to Europeans :)

What I like is that they merge the two GM leagues into one, but keep the league size. So 200 GMs will have to say goodbye. Makes GM more grand.

But we probably won't see all servers unified for a long long time (if ever at all). Their reason for merging is their geographic distance. All players will still connect over the same data centers they did before which keeps latencies low.
If you'd want to connect, say, NA and EU you'd have higher latency simply due to the physical distance. That's what Blizzard wants to avoid in the first place.
In Warcraft 3 everything was done automagically so that's why it worked. But for Sc2 they ran out of magic.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sadly I can't see any russian player who isn't already playing on an EU acc (like Kas for example) make it into GM, when monsters like mouzMorrow are Masters league ^_^

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing like the NA or now NA, SA and Oceania Region. xD

Good to hear more people can link up. I guess this does make it harder for people in Ladder yet at the same time it does make it so more people can hang out and play against eachother who previously couldn't. Though I honestly wish we just had Cross-Compatibility like B.net 1.0...

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Though I honestly wish we just had Cross-Compatibility like B.net 1.0...

I honestly wish we had a lot of the features from B.net 1.0 that we dont now :(

i see everyones point on more people to play with, but wouldnt it also create more lag if someone from canada tried to play with someone in, say, colombia? whoever is closest to the server would probably get an advantage.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Lag, and having just 200 people in GM is harsh. There are still monsters like Morrow who didn't make it into GM.... imagine if it was 6 times harder to get in...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.