Removing damage reduction?

Wratox1

Reaction score
Is there any way you can remove the Damage Reduction number that shows when your hover your mouse over a units armor?

It looks really ugly on my map since i use the armor tooltip as a quickguide on how to play may map..

In the armor tooltip it looks like this:

Tiles: 0+(some number) <- this is the armor, but i use it for something else.

Mission:
0% <- this is what i want to remove

This is your Color Converter.
bla bla bla....

i want to remove that number + the %

i tried putting |c00000000 on the Damage Reduction field in the game interface but it didnt work :(

anyone know how to remove it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats hardcoded, cant imagine anything you could do about it. Well maybe hack the game engine iteself.

Wratox1

Reaction score
yea.. i thought that much, but i thought there would be some way to hide it like you can hide the 100% in the upkeep thingy..

hmm, just an idea:

is there any way i can calculate the damage reduction?

the way i want to do this, if i cant remove/hide the damage reduction, is:

in my map there are "tiles", these tiles are destructibles in different colors(one for each player).
at first there are only white tiles, which then will be converted into your color as you "move" your unit(you steer the unit with the arrowkeys)

and i have a multiboard with the players name and how many percent of all the tiles that are his color, and i use the armor to display the current amount of tiles you have.. so i was thinking if you could somehow change the damage reduction to display how many percent of all the tiles are in you color?
though, since its hardcoded the only way to do it is through the gameplay constants.. so i dont expect it to work. but since i use the armor as the number of tiles in your color there maybe could be a way to do that?

tell me if you dont understand and i will try to explain better:)

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Let
m = the number in the field [Combat - Armor Damage Reduction Multiplier] (0.06 by default)
a = unit's armor
r = damage reduction in decimals (from 0 to 1)​

Then
r = ma / (1+ma)​

Source: the bottom of this page

As the equation's not linear, I don't think it's possible to linearly map a to r :(

Wratox1

Reaction score
hmm, well i didnt think it was possible, and the number of tiles is not the same every game, when i only have 1 player in the game its 256 tiles, but it increases for every player..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.