Removing damage reduction?

Wratox1

Reaction score
Is there any way you can remove the Damage Reduction number that shows when your hover your mouse over a units armor?

It looks really ugly on my map since i use the armor tooltip as a quickguide on how to play may map..

In the armor tooltip it looks like this:

Tiles: 0+(some number) <- this is the armor, but i use it for something else.

Mission:
0% <- this is what i want to remove

This is your Color Converter.
bla bla bla....

i want to remove that number + the %

i tried putting |c00000000 on the Damage Reduction field in the game interface but it didnt work :(

anyone know how to remove it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats hardcoded, cant imagine anything you could do about it. Well maybe hack the game engine iteself.

Wratox1

Reaction score
yea.. i thought that much, but i thought there would be some way to hide it like you can hide the 100% in the upkeep thingy..

hmm, just an idea:

is there any way i can calculate the damage reduction?

the way i want to do this, if i cant remove/hide the damage reduction, is:

in my map there are "tiles", these tiles are destructibles in different colors(one for each player).
at first there are only white tiles, which then will be converted into your color as you "move" your unit(you steer the unit with the arrowkeys)

and i have a multiboard with the players name and how many percent of all the tiles that are his color, and i use the armor to display the current amount of tiles you have.. so i was thinking if you could somehow change the damage reduction to display how many percent of all the tiles are in you color?
though, since its hardcoded the only way to do it is through the gameplay constants.. so i dont expect it to work. but since i use the armor as the number of tiles in your color there maybe could be a way to do that?

tell me if you dont understand and i will try to explain better:)

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Let
m = the number in the field [Combat - Armor Damage Reduction Multiplier] (0.06 by default)
a = unit's armor
r = damage reduction in decimals (from 0 to 1)​

Then
r = ma / (1+ma)​

Source: the bottom of this page

As the equation's not linear, I don't think it's possible to linearly map a to r :(

Wratox1

Reaction score
hmm, well i didnt think it was possible, and the number of tiles is not the same every game, when i only have 1 player in the game its 256 tiles, but it increases for every player..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.