REQUEST an ICON here!

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Hey all, ive been working on my icon and skinning skills lately, and ive been getting pretty good. If anyone would like to request an Icon just tell me with details and ill do it. Rep would be greatly appreciated.

P.S i can also recolor or slightly change an already existing blizzard icon.

Icons made so far:

Claw Spell:
BTNClawSpellIcon.jpg

Black Cloaked Guy:
BTNBlackCloakedGuy.jpg

Blue Cloaked Guy:
BTNBlueCloakedGuy.jpg

Brown Cloaked Guy:
BTNBrownCloakedGuy.jpg

Diablo Reaper:
BTNDiabloReaper.jpg

BlueV1 Corrosive Breath:
BTNBlueV1CorrosiveBreath.jpg

BlueV2 Corrosive Breath:
BTNBlueV2CorrosiveBreath.jpg

Red Corrosive Breath:
BTNRedCorrosiveBreath.jpg

Yellow Corrosive Breath:
BTNYellowV2CorrosiveBreath.jpg

Purple Corrosive Breath:
BTNPurpleCorrosiveBreath.jpg

Silver Corrosive Breath:
BTNSilverCorrosiveBreath.jpg

Mass Send:
BTNMassSendV2.jpg

Mass Defend:
BTNMassDefend.jpg

Jooster

Reaction score
well, actually...i dont think i'm able to give rep. but i have been looking for quite a while through different sites for someone to make me a few icons for a map i've been making. if you're interested that would be really nice. theres about 8 icons total that need to be made. i can find the link for you or copy and paste the whole thing just let me know

Jooster

Reaction score
well.....

a friend of mine and i have been intensively working on a whole new footmen vs grunts map, we're completely rebuilding it from the ground up for about a month now. him and i are taking up different parts of the project and I opted to take charge in models and icons. Right now im at the point of a system to pick every unit belonging to a certain player, selecting all that players units and sending commands. I'd like some custom icons cause the default blizzard icons just aren't cutting it. Ive been looking through a few sites icon resources, unfortunately none have quite fulfilled my desire....

i don't have anything to base what the icons should look life other then a brief description of what im looking for. one idea i did like was using the regular black background with the red arrow command button ordering a unit to attack ground. found on most siege type units like mortars catapults, meat wagons, etc....

Mass send -
picks every unit and sends all picked units to a pre designated spot to attack

Mass retreat -
Picks all units and sends all units back to a pre designated spot.

Mass Defend -
Picks all units and sends them a pre designated spot to defend that teams main base

Mass air -
Same as mass send just sends all air units

Mass ground -
See above (picks ground units)

Mass hold -
Selects all units and orders them to hold position

Mass low mana retreat -
Selects all units with low mana and orders them to retreat to a pre designated spot to refresh their mana pool

Mass low health retreat -
Same as above just selects units with low health

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ill make charapangas first since it is the easiest (and quickest) ill get to yours Jooster after i finished it.

Jooster

Reaction score
oh im in no hurry :) especially since my descriptions aren't exactly giving someone the best image.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
ok done charapangas, please everyone dl the icon, id like to see what they think of it. ill edit when ive finished converting to blp.

EDIT: done,for about 15 minutes ive been trying to fix the DISBTN, but it wont work for some reason and the path is right,i know the actuall icon is fine because i swapped paths for the btn and disbtn and the disbtn as the btn worked. So im not sure if it's me or not. Anyway heres the paths and enjoy!

Claw Spell:
BTNClawSpellIcon.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNClawSpellIcon.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNClawSpellIcon.blp

NOTE: sorry for file size i did not compress them, but im sure you can find a compressing tool somewhere it won't be that hard.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Hey kingbdogz, well done for this decision.
1) I would like an icon of a half-dead cloaked priest having his hand pointing out the user. Well, like this:
icon.jpg
Well, the best you can do; lots of stuff on the icon, but i guess you can make it look cool. Sorry for the bad pic, it is really fast made and especially on the pc... ;p

2) Do you draw these icons yourself and then Photoshop them?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Yeah sure, isn't it funny that what you described and showed me looks EXACTLY the same as my avatar.
BTW i purely Photoshop these, i only started learning skinning and making icons yesterday, I've been practicing all day.

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
LoL, honestly, i now see your avatar :D har har har! Yeah, somehow like him, but without the scythe and his face should be looking towards the screen and his hand should not have these bending-over fingers.
So, purely photoshop, meaning? You draw them there or you take normal pics and you modify them?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
purely photoshop meaning i made everything in photoshop, they weren't originally drawings then modified, i made them purely myself in photoshop.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Sorry for double post, ive done it but even better, i did 3 versions. One with a Blue Cloak (recommended), one with a Black Cloak and one with a Brown Cloak

Enjoy! Paths:

Blue Cloaked:
BTNBlueCloakedGuy.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBlue Cloaked Guy.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNBlue Cloaked Guy.blp

Black Cloaked:
BTNBlackCloakedGuy.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBlack Cloaked Guy.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNBlack Cloaked Guy.blp

Brown Cloaked:
BTNBrownCloakedGuy.jpg

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBrown Cloaked Guy.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNBrown Cloaked Guy.blp

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Wow nice, i like it! :) The cloak is a bit too over-globe-shaped, but i like it :) +rep! By the way, i preferred the brown one ^^
Edit: Ah, i can't give u again rep :I I gave u already, lol. Another time :)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
you sure your alright with it? i can change it lol it'd take two secs. but tbh i don't know what you mean, the shoulders are lifting the cloak up and the arm is shifting the right side of the cloak to the left, anyway thanks for the +rep, im mostly doing this to improve.

EDIT: look at the warden for example, the cloak is very rounded and sort of covers her whole body, thats how i kinda pictured it. BTW u got anymore requests?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
No more requests? well im half finished with Joosters, so just wait a little and then they'll be done.

Charapanga

Reaction score
ok done charapangas, please everyone dl the icon, id like to see what they think of it. ill edit when ive finished converting to blp.

EDIT: done,for about 15 minutes ive been trying to fix the DISBTN, but it wont work for some reason and the path is right,i know the actuall icon is fine because i swapped paths for the btn and disbtn and the disbtn as the btn worked. So im not sure if it's me or not. Anyway heres the paths and enjoy!

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNClawSpellIcon.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNClawSpellIcon.blp

NOTE: sorry for file size i did not compress them, but im sure you can find a compressing tool somewhere it won't be that hard.

That's awsome! Thanx for that!
Mind making me another one? It's like a green Ectoplasmic grim reaper like a reaper with a death coil head and a black robe

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ok, ive pretty much finished your icon, ill edit this post when done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.