General Rescued dog bites NBC anchor in the face during feel-good segment gone wrong (Video)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
anchor-dog-bite-nbc.jpg

It was supposed to be one of those feel-good segments on a local television newscast: A rescued dog. A grateful owner. The hero firefighter who pulled the pulled the dog from the ice. But that's not how it turned out.

The dog, an Argentine mastiff named Gladiator Maximus, attacked Kyle Dyer, anchorwoman at NBC's KUSA Denver affiliate, during a live, in-studio segment on Wednesday that was meant to celebrate the dog's rescue from an icy lake the day before.

Dyer was shown petting the mastiff during the segment, then kneeling on the floor to get closer, when the 85-pound pooch bit her in the face. Paramedics and animal control were called to the studio. Dyer was rushed to a Denver hospital where she had reconstructive surgery overnight. The 3-year-old dog was taken to a Denver animal shelter where it is being "quarantined."

Video of the attack, as you might imagine, has gone viral, but KUSA has been issuing take-down notices, trying to get the clip off the Internet. (The "Today" show won't even show it.)

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle Dyer is a womans name? That doesnt sound right to me.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
It's clearly this womans and the owners fault ! Not the dogs fault !.

Seriously, the dog gave plenty of warning he was uncomfortable, she shouldn't have had her face in a strange dog's face.
..that would be CRAZY!

You never ever put your face up to a strange dog that you don't know. !

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
What a 'bitchin' attack!

The news anchor certainly payed the 'paw'rice!

That's no tall 'tail'!

I hope the dog gets out of the 'ruff' spot it's in!

Hearing that the dog has been quarantined makes me 'roll over' in how ridiculous that is!

God'dog'it, I need to stop!

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
What a 'bitchin' attack!

The news anchor certainly payed the 'paw'rice!

That's no tall 'tail'!

I hope the dog gets out of the 'ruff' spot it's in!

Hearing that the dog has been quarantined makes me 'roll over' in how ridiculous that is!

God'dog'it, I need to stop!

So love it, that is freaking great!! You have me cracking up, Thx!!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted Cesar Millan to explain what really happened and what should be corrected if there's a situation like this happening. Who's with me?

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's clearly this womans and the owners fault ! Not the dogs fault !.

Seriously, the dog gave plenty of warning he was uncomfortable, she shouldn't have had her face in a strange dog's face.
..that would be CRAZY!

Your work here is done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.