Riflemen Hunter/Assassin Spells Suggestions

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
I'm making a hero for my map: A Dwarven Hunter/Assassin (Riflemen Model). However, I'm without any spell ideas :banghead: The trigger shouldn't be a problem, but I want it to be GUI :p His current ability is:

Fragmentation Shot
Has a chance to explode a non-hero unit. Also, has a chance to do double damage.

+Rep for those who give the best ideas :D

The ones who received +rep are:

Code:
[B]AceHart, 0zaru, MoonSlinger, FroznYoghurt, Naminator, Ghan_04, lopp231, UncleQQ and The Mapmaker.[/B]

Tell me if I forgot someone or forgot to +rep.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Probably too simple, but, well:

Cannon Shot:
Shoots a massive, slow flying missile, cannon ball for example, at some area, dealing area damage.
Requires 3 seconds "concentration" to fire.

Pushes the Hero back a couple steps.

Big explosion, big damage, big noise... :p

rodead

Reaction score
Assinination Shot

Creates 5 mirror immages around the target dealing massive damage if a mirror immage get killed they turn against the hero and the spell get channeled and deal there spell damage against the Hero, if the spell is done they walk to the Hero and disapear.

Level 1: 100 damage.
level 2: 150 damage.
level 3: 200 damage.

hope this is a great spell for you!

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Shot effect: Creates a crazy bullet at the target point. The bullet will make a zigzag move in the area that has been casted. Any unit hitted by the bullet will receibe X damage and will be slowed.

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Probably too simple, but, well:

Cannon Shot:
Shoots a massive, slow flying missile, cannon ball for example, at some area, dealing area damage.
Requires 3 seconds "concentration" to fire.

Pushes the Hero back a couple steps.

Big explosion, big damage, big noise... :p

:eek: This going to need some work, if I use it :eek:

>>Big explosion, big damage, big noise... :p

I like that :p But that's not good for an assassin since they are stealthy :(
But, for a hunter.........Should be crazy to have someone blasting the units :D :D :D
If I use this, then I better download Scatter Shot spell as a pair.

Assinination Shot

Creates 5 mirror immages around the target dealing massive damage if a mirror immage get killed they turn against the hero and the spell get channeled and deal there spell damage against the Hero, if the spell is done they walk to the Hero and disapear.

Level 1: 100 damage.
level 2: 150 damage.
level 3: 200 damage.

hope this is a great spell for you!

Awww...This is kind of a Blademaster skill :( Still, maybe I use this one in another of my heroes as a ultimate :D

Shot effect: Creates a crazy bullet at the target point. The bullet will make a zigzag move in the area that has been casted. Any unit hitted by the bullet will receibe X damage and will be slowed.

OMG, a zigzag bullet would be crazy :p This going to be really hard to make, if I use it :p

rodead

Reaction score
Awww...This is kind of a Blademaster skill Still, maybe I use this one in another of my heroes as a ultimate

you can call it a illusion and assasins are masters of illusions and hinding So thought i use miiror immages/ illusions it is just how you call it :p

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Machine Gun
Keeps his rifle and change to a machine gun.

- Move speed drops to 0
- Triple attack rating
- Last 5 seconds
- 1% chance weapon jam after every shot (stop firing for 1 second)

M

MikeTheGuy

MoonSlinger: If it reduces his move speed to 0 it doesn't really need to have a duration. It should really be one or the other, unless both are necessary to balance the map.

Anyway, my idea:

Bouncing Bullet
The hunter/assassin/whatever shoots a bullet that deals double damage to it's target. The bullet then bounces to another target, and then has x% chance to bounce to another target. You can have the chain go on as long as you like or increase with levels. If you use this, I would also suggest to make the chance to bounce decrease with every bounce.

I know it's sort of a Chain Lightning ability, just with % to bounce instead of automatic.

Weyrling

Reaction score
I always disliked the assumption that assassins are all stealth, having one huge loud powerful ability as a getaway/distraction sounds like a great idea to me.
Reflexive Shot
The Assassin is very used to shooting people, and thus has a % chance to fire at the closest enemy every X seconds automatically (I'd base it off Phoenix Fire, so it doesn't interupt).

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Machine Gun
Keeps his rifle and change to a machine gun.

- Move speed drops to 0
- Triple attack rating
- Last 5 seconds
- 1% chance weapon jam after every shot (stop firing for 1 second)

What's the point of that duration? Like the idea for hunter :p, but if I'm going to make it, then it will be an activable/deactivable one that costs mana per second.

MoonSlinger: If it reduces his move speed to 0 it doesn't really need to have a duration. It should really be one or the other, unless both are necessary to balance the map.

Anyway, my idea:

Bouncing Bullet
The hunter/assassin/whatever shoots a bullet that deals double damage to it's target. The bullet then bounces to another target, and then has x% chance to bounce to another target. You can have the chain go on as long as you like or increase with levels. If you use this, I would also suggest to make the chance to bounce decrease with every bounce.

I know it's sort of a Chain Lightning ability, just with % to bounce instead of automatic.

Hmmm... Guess I'll use Daelin's Tutorial about Chain Spells if I use this.

I always disliked the assumption that assassins are all stealth, having one huge loud powerful ability as a getaway/distraction sounds like a great idea to me.
Reflexive Shot
The Assassin is very used to shooting people, and thus has a % chance to fire at the closest enemy every X seconds automatically (I'd base it off Phoenix Fire, so it doesn't interupt).

This sounds like a Passive Machine Gun spell.

>>I always disliked the assumption that assassins are all stealth, having one huge loud powerful ability as a getaway/distraction sounds like a great idea to me.

Hmmm... Snipers are quiet and deadly, but if you want then suggest a distraction ability.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Special Bullet: Channels up to 4 seconds. Creates a Giant bullet from your rifle, the bullet will travel to the target point (Or unit position) and EXPLODE. Deals damage from X*Distance or something like that (AoE Damage)

J

jkw0789

A few suggestions...

Fire Bullets - Do initial damage, and slowly burn the victim for a few seconds afterwards

Ice/Poison Bullets - Same as fire only slows the unit

Rapid Fire - Name suggests it all

Flaregun - Fire a flare into the air, and have it rain fire down, dealing splash damage like napalm

I like the concept of the last one myself, and i don't know if anyone suggested anything like or similar to these yet because the thread was really long, but I figured I'd suggest anyways!

Weyrling

Reaction score
Flashbang
The Assassin throws a flashbang, causing a flash of light to blind nearby enemies. (I'd make all player's screens go white if they're near it, and make the creeps have a 85% chance to miss).
Dazzling Lights
The Assassin fires a multitude of interlaced fireworks, explodes at target point, dealing low damage, and fires out 5 more fireworks that also explode, dealing lower damage, those 5 fire out 5 more that also explode, dealing even less damage (Note: Best distraction ever, though you might want to make less fireworks, since it may lag).

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Flareshot - Shoots out a missile burning with intense light, blinding everyone facing the direction of it making them have an X% chance to miss.
Also fears non hero creeps for 1/2/3 second. Enemy units within ~75 yards will get burnt for 135/165/200 damage.

Guardpost
- The rifleman climbs up in an allied structure or a tree, gaining another ~500 range and ~400 sight but unable to move, lowers attack speed and increases damage. takes 2,5 sec to post/unpost. Gaining more bonuses when posting a building than a tree.

Disabling Trap - lays out an invisble trap that traps enemy units and makes them take increased damage for 2/3/4 sec. If the Rifleman kills a unit that is under effect of the trap he will get extra gold bounty award.

Overload [Ultimate]
- Loads his rifle with enchanted gunpowder made by goblin engineers, increases his attack speed with 20% per second for 10 sec until it explodes and damages all units within 200 inlcluding him for 300 damage.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
I'm making a hero for my map: A Dwarven Hunter/Assassin (Riflemen Model). However, I'm without any spell ideas :banghead: The trigger shouldn't be a problem, but I want it to be GUI :p His current ability is:

Fragmentation Shot
Has a chance to explode a non-hero unit. Also, has a chance to do double damage.

+Rep for those who give the best ideas :D

Hunter Shot: The dwarf use his hunter experience to deal lethal damage to an enemy, reducing his armor and slow it by 20% at all levels.

Level 1: Deals 75 of damage and reduce armor by 2. Last 3 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 150 of damage and reduce armor by 3. Last 4seconds.
Level 3: Deals 225 of damage and reduce armor by 4. Last 5 seconds.
Level 4: Deals 300 of damage and reduce armor by 5. Last 6 seconds.

Penetration: Target an enemy and shot a deadly bullet to him. If target enemy's life is below the 40% it will deal extra damage and stun for 2 seconds.

Level 1: Deals 60 of damage. 140 if it's below 40% and stun for 2 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 120 of damage. 200 if it's below 40% and stun for 2 seconds.
Level 3: Deals 180 of damage. 260 if it's below 40% and stun for 2 seconds.
Level 4: Deals 240 of damage. 320 if it's below 40% and stun for 2 seconds.

Poison Shot: Has a chance to strike all unit around an enemy with poison.

Level 1: Has a change of 4% and can strike a max of 1 unit
Level 2: Has a change of 8% and can strike a max of 2 unit
Level 3: Has a change of 12% and can strike a max of 3 unit
Level 4: Has a change of 16% and can strike a max of 4 unit

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Shot of the Resolute
Using the forbidden bullet made of Death-Stone, one must channel one's life energy to feed the bullet, thus increasing its power. Upon shooting, this bullet will drain the life-force of nearby living creatures making it even more powerful.

Level 1: Channels up to 1 seconds
Level 2: Channels up to 2 seconds
Level 3: Channels up to 3 seconds

- Each second of channeling will cost the caster 50 HP.
- Each unit the bullet passes will drain the unit of 20 HP
- Upon Impact, Damage taken = 2 X the total HP taken (from caster or other units)

This shot can only be taken by those with the resolution to do or die! thus the name :D

Side note
For the comments on my previous ability (Machine Gun) the duration is there for balance. 300% attack speed is "not-joking-imba"... For balance calculations, it effectively increase dps (damage per second) by a multiplier of nearly 3 :p

For Dota players it would be like holding 3 hyperstone (butterfly)
For TFT players, that would be 13 Glove of Haste (if you can carry that much)

Having it on a range Hero, that basically would be shooting the 2nd bullet before the first has hit. Therefore I added lots of negative effects :eek:

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
I like the last ideas :) Can anyone suggest a Sniper activable/deactivable, passive and autocast spells?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Activate/Deactivate:

Steady Aim: The sniper uses careful utilization of a scope to stake out potential targets. Gives a bonus to sight range, but increases cooldown.

Passive:

Native Advantage: By spending time in one specific place, the sniper is able to become familiar with the terrain and local layout. As the sniper stays in one spot, his cooldown decreases gradually.

Can't really think of an autocast right now....

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Activate/Deactivate:

Steady Aim: The sniper uses careful utilization of a scope to stake out potential targets. Gives a bonus to sight range, but increases cooldown.

Passive:

Native Advantage: By spending time in one specific place, the sniper is able to become familiar with the terrain and local layout. As the sniper stays in one spot, his cooldown decreases gradually.

Can't really think of an autocast right now....

Steady Aim: This need an upgrade for the range. But, how I'll make the upgrade return to 0 when i deactivate the spell?

Native Advantage: A bit hard to make. Better put a minimum attack cooldown value.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> This need an upgrade for the range. But, how I'll make the upgrade return to 0 when i deactivate the spell?

Use the ability Item Sight Range Bonus. ;)

> A bit hard to make. Better put a minimum attack cooldown value.

Yes. Make it have, oh, say 5 increments?
Put a time tracker and increase it every so often.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.