Roller Coster!

Fun Game Idea For warcraft?

• Doesnt matter its too hard for rover2341 to make, you would have to be relly skilled to make it.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Fun Game Idea.

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Boring Game idea.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Hmm. this could be a fun game. I would basicly build a system for people to make there own roller costers. you would get 5-10 min to make. and then they would be judged by the game and the players whos is funnest. Might be bit of triggering. But it could be done.

Who doesn't want to see a orc riding a roller coaster with hes hands in the air?

Forsakener

Reaction score
dont you alread y have a post like this? :thdown: Anyway i think it would be a fun game but it would require a lot of triggering and it would have a lot of bugs.. Good luck!:thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Eh, it would be possible to make something like that but it's a big risk for huge lagg since all things will be moved with sliding..

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Kazuga; sliding triggers can handle dozens of units. Only one coaster active at a time of course.

THe main problem is the there has to be an animation for the cart for every type of railing.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
It sounds like a really wonderful idea. And with thought of your train map it looks like you are ready to take the triggering to the next level:thup:

THe main problem is the there has to be an animation for the cart for every type of railing

I actually don't think that will be the main problem:p
I think it may be something like the building the rollercoster part;)

How are you going to handle that part?
Is it going to be a plain rollercoaster? Or is it going to be like in roller coaster tycoon where you can make it with hills and stuff?
How are you planning to make the sloaps if that is the case? It will need some serious thought:eek:

sorry for all the questions, but I really qurious:cool:

Yes I know that but imagine 50+ sliding units at the same time almost constant sliding.

That is not impossible to do. I made a trigger that can handle up to 400 balls bouncing in different directions, and it does it without lag to;)
So why should sliding not be able to handle 50 units?:rolleyes:

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
It sounds fun, but I doubt you would be able to make it. At least not easily. It would take some heavy triggering especially since it is user created. But prove me wrong. Make this and show me that I shouldn't have doubted you. Good luck. :thup:

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Well, there is no need for 50+ sliding units at once. Just one cart, and have the camera track behind it. What fun is a roller coaster if you aren't riding it? I suppose you could place a peon in the ride for each player, and if you want to be really fancy, make each player's camera track behind their peon. That might be a bit of a pain though.

Will everyone build a roller coaster together, or will each person build there own?

And a couple of suggestions, take them or leave them, I don't want to interrupt your vision :).

You might consider dividing the map into 12 rectangles linked by a central "amusement park" with a CoP for each player's roller coaster, then, when enough people assemble on it, the creator of the coaster can activate the ride for everyone on the CoP. That way people can choose which coaster they want to ride. People do similar things in maze design games; when someone starts a maze, they ALMOST link it to the main platform where the waiting players stand, but they leave off one tile until the maze is complete.

If I were playing your game, I would want to use a series of 3 dimensional way points. Each one could be represented by an sfx of your choice (a REALLY tall custom tower model might work, you could just sink it into the ground; but make sure it is tall enough to reach the max height), and you could make rails with lightening effects (which I THINK are 3 dimensional).

Good luck.

cowmenace

Reaction score
rollercoaster tycoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember playing that hours at a time!
if you can make it so that you have a rating of G's (like for how fast you are going and how sharp the turn) then there will be a higher rating and will attract more peons to your place. the person with the most peons wins. You also can build like popcorn stands and restrooms etc and then to start out you make easy rides (you have to model them) like that swinging boat and fun stuff like that. Then once you get money you build roller coasters and coasters are like 10x more important than small rides so you HAVE to build mainly coasters to attract peons. You can end the game with who got the most G's in one roller coaster and who got more peons and who wasted the most money and bad rides etc have several awards

rover2341

Reaction score
I think it may be something like the building the rollercoster part
How are you going to handle that part?

Well I plan on giveing every player 4-8 pices to work with, and then you can turn the pice 45 degrees, Go up or down one "hole Step" There would be about 4-8 Levels Of Hight you can work with.
The key will be everyone will start at hight 1 and will go to hight 6. (pulled up) And after that. Then you will build your track. And if you dont build it right you wont make it to the end of your track.
There might be a thing saying before you place your next pice...This wont Work. Like your trying to go from height zero go 6 with a straight piece.

Is it going to be a plain rollercoaster? Or is it going to be like in roller coaster tycoon where you can make it with hills and stuff?
How are you planning to make the sloaps if that is the case? It will need some serious thought
Partly answered this before, but you wont be able to adjust the ground only the hight of each piece you add. Yes everyone would make there own roller coaster. And i think they could test it as they go.

50 units you guys keep talking about? i dont even know what you mean. But There would be 1-5 carts but everyone would have the same amount. I may allow the carts to be heaver or lighter...

Well, there is no need for 50+ sliding units at once. Just one cart, and have the camera track behind it. What fun is a roller coaster if you aren't riding it? I suppose you could place a peon in the ride for each player, and if you want to be really fancy, make each player's camera track behind their peon. That might be a bit of a pain though.

Yes i like the camera idea.

Will everyone build a roller coaster together, or will each person build there own?

everyone will build there own.

Someone said somthing about modeling...Ya those are nice.
But thats the last thing i am thinking about.
Ill figure way to set it up to they will just fit in if the models are made right...But Thats just for looks.

UnknowVector suggestions:

Ya i relly like the idea that at the end people could go from train to train to ride them. I may even have a few that are preMade by me. That you can try. (maybe)

I would most likey not take advantage of the warcrafts systems much. I would most likey do this all by hand on paper first, and then put them into triggers. Not sure if that makes sence to anyone...But i mean all warcraft will do is place the tracks, High-Low, Turn Pice. And Then it would connect to a 2d grid (No one would see) With 6 demtions of hight, So sorta 3d... And ect ect... (The Gird will only be variables most likely...but in theory is there)

Slideing...Why would they have to move that way...Maybe...

Ok FYI, this is still just a idea concept. I still have a few unfinished games, That fully work..but still a bit hard to learn + need alot of polishing and adding of a few things to make them fun. Not to say i might put those on hold...Because i am sorta drained on those projects. If i really get serious about this project i will let you know. But i really don't think it would be that bad. (But i have been wrong before)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
It would be fun if possible, but due to the fact its Warcraft III, I don't like it....not 3-dish...and I never even played a ROLLER COASTER game...but if you can make it...I would definitely try it out.

rover2341

Reaction score
Ok I stayed up a bit last night...And heres a Basic outline of my apporch

What The map will need.

AutoRollercoster. That will make sure roller coaster goes from point a to point b to point c and the right speed, and angle. (May have train teleport if it cant turn fast enough but I gona avoid this at all cost…because I think it will make it look jumpy, Crapy)

System of rules to help assist the players set pieces in place.
Also To make sure the Track will run correctly.

Velocity/Speed/amount of Slow down from Wind and other sources.

A lot of finishing touches (Doesn’t really matter But will make the game “look Way better”) It will require ect attention because the tracks will just be floating there, with floating other pieces that will just look like they are connected, and look like the cart is riding on them.
Between 8-20 Models (For Tracks/Train).

My largest fear is finding a good balance between staying on the track(Model) and Stoping and going... But worse comes to worse it will stop and go some..
I had trobbel with this on my last map...but i resolved it...But the curves in this game will require hiting a few more points...so we will see.

Basic outline for a plan...(not sure i gona do it yet)
Phase 1:

2 Types of track Used: (Straight) and (Straight Hill Piece)
Both Track Models, cart Model (Don’t have to be nice…I might use burrows if I have to)
5 Levels of Height allowed

very Basic Terrain.

Basic User commands.
Change Piece (Stright) Straight Hill Piece
Place Track. Turn Track (Mostly For The Stright Hill Piece)
Go Back 1 Piece.
Test Roller coaster.

Phase 2:

Add curve Track.
Curve Track Model.
Add Curve Track to Change Piece

Phase 3:

Add Roller Coaster Velocity/Speed/amount of Slow down from Wind and other sources over time. (I have a formula for this…its mostly right. just a few adjustments.)

Phase 4:

Add New Piece, Angle Curve Track.
Angle Curve Track Model
Add Angle Curve Track to Change Piece
Add Cameras, If not already done because of need.

Phase 5:

Add Special Block Pieces. Like Loop That’s all constructed. Or Add 2-3 pices/OverRideing rules of my current logic for those pieces.

This is undecided Because of the complexity of loops. I really want to give as much freedom as possible. I have found a way that you could have a loop with a coaster going throw the middle. Make a circle with your Thumb and index finger, then shove your other thumb in the Circle. So you would take the loop but at some point you could go throw the middle of it.

Phase 6:
Clean Up Looks Of Models, Add Support Beams Visual.
Try To make sure the Cart is running As smooth as possible, with out noticeable stop and go, But still balanced with making the cart look like its riding on the track.

Really Setting up the map for a decent terrain-er to get ready to work in.

Phase 7:
Cleaning Up Icons.
Sound effects.
Setting up Game methods to play.
You have x amount of cash. Or you start at x height. Ect ect.
Throwing in the easy but stuff that makes it a good map.

Phase 8:
I get someone to terrain the map.

Phase 9:
Clean up last Details, And then start First official Beta.

Ok that might not explain much but the picture should explain the basic idea...if not that at least i spent some time in seeing how this could be done...

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Sounds VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY FUN!!!!

But i think its VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.