Rpg help!

M

Mylkal

I was talking about present tense.

And that pm was only to you. No one else.

Sorry, i forgot to put your name in it.

I only have 21 levels. I'm just gonna make the exp requirement high. By the way, how do you set how much exp the hero needs to level up?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Alexander kicks butt :cool: Never forget that. As for this thread, typically when I see a problem or a person I've been helping, I try to see it to the end. *Shrug* Don't ask why. As for availability, mine's been down lately because I am also working on the Broken Ages Mapping (BAM) forum as well. So you'll have to forgive that one.

As for the rules, Shadowy has a point, don't bump constantly, you're only supposed to bump 1 a day, and only if your thread is hitting page 2. Now, please make a list of all your current questions (now that I'm here) and I'll see IF I know the answers to any. :)

Alexander

M

Mylkal

List of Current Questions

How do you make a campaign like The Founding of Durator where you can freely move between maps?

Is there any way to take away the invisibility part of windwalk? And is there any ability besdies windwalk that has backstab damage? I want to make an ability where you use it, and the next attack you do deals extra damage.

How do you change the exp needed to level up for a hero?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Mylkal said:
How do you make a campaign like The Founding of Durator where you can freely move between maps?

Is there any way to take away the invisibility part of windwalk? And is there any ability besdies windwalk that has backstab damage? I want to make an ability where you use it, and the next attack you do deals extra damage.

How do you change the exp needed to level up for a hero?

These answers are off the top of my head. I can look into anything I don't answer later:

That's fairly complex. You'll need to link the maps in a campaign, and use the acton "Save hero to game cache". I myself have no experience with this, so I can't tell you EXACTLY how to do it. I can speculate, though.

Hmm, I don't think you can take the invisibility away from Wind Walk. For the other part, you COULD do something fairly corny like make a blank Roar, and use triggers to deal extra damage after a wait time. For the red text, that is also triggerable.

I can only assume it's somewhere in the Gameplay Constants. After all...it's a part of gameplay that is, you guessed it! Constant! :D

That's all, folks!
Alexander

M

Mylkal

Does anyone know the answer to my Durator Campaign question?

M

Mylkal

Possible

Just on a second thought, does anyone even know how the Durator Campaign was made? Like, how they did it? Because i want to know if its even possible to move between maps like that before i dedicate too much of my time to it.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Yes it is possible to move between maps like that, look through the Game actions. And, listen to Alexander. You have to save your stuff to the game cache or you will lose it on the map change. It's really complex, and isn't reccomended for beginners.

M

Mylkal

Yay! Malice finally answered =D

Well, if its sooo complex, might as well start praticing now =D.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Malice- said:
And, listen to Alexander.

You know, the last person that did that...

Well, nevermind :D There are children present with impressionable minds! ;)

Alexander
He...heh....Hehe...Hehe....Ha....HAHAHA....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
It IS complex --- you will need to save the hero, item, level, ability, units, etc. in a game cache, then load or whatever the next map, then restore the game cached data, then place the hero in his place, then do all map init triggers, etc. ... :p

---5 Seconds Later--- *reads alexanders post* haha ha he hehe heh *clears throat* well then *picks up marksman rifle and blasts off alexanders head*

DM Cross

Reaction score
*falls back, gets back up*

"Go ahead, kill me! I'll come back, I ALWAYS COME BACK! ... But man, dying is such a b-<BEEP!>"

Alexander

M

Mylkal

Children present with impressionable minds?
Where? I don't see any...

I think i get what your talking about.....o_O

I just finished listening to a radio talk show about single moms and how they stay in a relationship through the drama of childbirth...-_-''

What!?!? My dad was listening to it!

Feel free to give me more detail...

Anyways, can you also give me more detail on the game cache thing?
And can you use models of weapons in the wc3 game for other things? Like, on the tutorial site, i saw that someone attached the storm seer's lightning bolts things to a sorceress. Do you have to create that and import the file or can you use it from the game directly?

Same questions except substitute lightning bolts with weapons/armor/wings and storm seer with (insert random hero name here).

S

Senkin

'blinks' Wow how a convo about a few small questions can turn into such a huge list of more questions and there is alot of darn in here too. Wow.

Ok I suggest you just mess around with your unprotected map you found and the one provided above. That lets you get more "in tune" with the WE.. After spending a few weeks or so on it you should be able to at least make a 1/2 way decent RPG. I also suggest reading the tutorials at http://www.world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/index.php.

And to end this I wish you good luck.

(To the guys helping) Nice job helping, but dont you think he is asking a little too many questions? I think he should go and try to learn a bit more on his own instead of getting evey single awnser givin to him without him having to do much at all and maybe even not learning much from it. I may be wrong but this is my view on it.

Y

YedrawsTooth

offer of assistance

I have been working on an RPG of my own for some time now and have hammered out alot of quirks with the help of this forum and my beta testers so if you need help I should be able to aid you....I'm in the final process of hammering out glitches of my own....

M

Mylkal

Oh cmon Senkin, give me some mercy. If i asked every question on my mind in this forum, it would be at least 10 pages long already. Im trying my best, but some stuff im clueless!

M

Mylkal

Oh shut up shadowy fear, i meant 10 pages fulll of questions.

Well, at least someone replied!

*GLares at rest of the people*

BrokenX

Reaction score
Settle down... this is one of the reasons possibly why me and Alexander decided not to let you on our team, because you get really pissed easily... you need to relax k man take a couple deep breaths and just laugh at what people say it helps :p.

BrokenX

S

Senkin

Hmm, he is a bit of a jumpy one, or at least his jokes really suck.

CHillax, and learn. I undertsand why you would post alot of questions, but try to find out some of them on your own.

I learned 3/4 of what I know by learning on my own, trial and error, and tutorials :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.