Rpg help!

M

Mylkal

Hullo, im just starting triggers. I was wondering, anyone know how to have an npc speak when you right click on them? Like in the founding of durator?

Also, anyways to make entangle roots an area of affect ability so all units in that area are entangled?

By the way, how do you get a custom avatar? =D

S

Senkin

Mylkal said:
anyone know how to have an npc speak when you right click on them?

As for this one, I can tell you one, but it occurs when you left or right click that unit,

Person1
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit
Conditions
(Triggering unit) Equal to Villager (Male) 0017 <gen>
Actions
Game - Display to (Triggering player), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: Mesage Goes here

Mylkal said:
Also, anyways to make entangle roots an area of affect ability so all units in that area are entangled?
Goto the object editor -> abilities -> entangle roots, then right click it and choose create new custom ability and then edit the stats for it at the bottom it says
Stats - Area of effect, and just set that to the range of the area of effect you want it to have for each level.

Mylkal said:
By the way, how do you get a custom avatar? =D

Go online and search for them :p Then download it to your computer and in the User CP you goto Edit avatar and then upload the avatar from your comp and there ya go.

M

Mylkal

Thanks

Thanks man. Do you know how i could get a circle retical thingy? You know, like for summoning the treants?

I don't think i spelled that right :mad:

zll7

Reaction score
I think he mean the icon you get with the "summoning the treants" spell that show the area where you are goin cast at...and its effect

M

Mylkal

Help!?

Yay, someone who understands me =D.

Now next time, answer the question please?

Anyone know how to make custom models?

M

Mylkal

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement -_-.

Now will someone please answer the darn question!?!? :banghead:

New batch:
How come everytime i try to make a custom ability the name is always in yellow?
How do i take away auto-cast for bloodlust?
I can't get the stupid tooltip to work. Everytime i wanna use my ablility, it only says the name and mana cost o_O?
I want to make bloodlust only target self. I put "self" in targets allowed, but it still has the choosing retical. How do i get it so when you click on the ability, it automatically just makes the caster bloodlusted?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Senkin said:
As for this one, I can tell you one, but it occurs when you left or right click that unit,

Person1
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
Player - Player 5 (Yellow) Selects a unit
Player - Player 6 (Orange) Selects a unit
Conditions
(Triggering unit) Equal to Villager (Male) 0017 <gen>
Actions
Game - Display to (Triggering player), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: Mesage Goes here

Goto the object editor -> abilities -> entangle roots, then right click it and choose create new custom ability and then edit the stats for it at the bottom it says
Stats - Area of effect, and just set that to the range of the area of effect you want it to have for each level.

Go online and search for them :p Then download it to your computer and in the User CP you goto Edit avatar and then upload the avatar from your comp and there ya go.

Gee, is that what an answer looks like? ;) Please read everyone's post before getting antsy :) Saves you a little embaressment, me thinks :p

Alexander

Now, for your new questions ;) (By the way, THESE ARE THE ANSWERS! :D)

The yellow stuff is probably because you put the name in the "color tooltip" thing. Most tooltips have a letter yellow, to show the hotkey. When you edit the name, if you put the name in the color command, you're whole words going to become yellow.

As for bloodlust, look through the item's list of abilities for one that ISN'T autocast, or targetable. Not 100% sure if it IS there, but if there's even a spell like that, it'll be in the items. :)

Hope that helps! ;)

M

Mylkal

No you fool

No you fool, i meant for the treant circle retical targeting thing. Sheesh.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, lol. That's just the targeting pointer thing, whatever the hell they call it ;) I'm sure there's some technical term for it. Anyway, it's used for ALL targetable spells. How do you want to "get it"? You mean use it for a spell, or what? :p Specify please.

Alexander
Oh, and next time watch your words :D I chose to ignore the tone that time. Don't count on it again.

Have a nice day! :)

M

Mylkal

o_O

o_O. Your a strange person Alex.

Anyways, you know when you select call of the wild or something, and the fancy circle thing comes up? ANd anything underit turns a certain color, i'm wondering how you get that into a custom ability without basing it off of call of the wild.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes. Yes I am :) Thanks!

As far as the ground turning colors, I'm pretty sure that's all effects and stuff. I know the green circle that happens right before Flamestrike is an effect. (At least I think I know it ;)) Just look around the effects. If you want the one for "Call of the Wild" (What the hell is that? Lol, never heard of that spell before, unless you mean "Force of Nature", perhaps? :p) then base a custom effect off of "Call of the Wild" (Whatever the hell that happens to be! :D)

Anyway, that's just my thoughts ;)

Alexander
Weird? Ce moi?! Noo! ... Well ... Maybe a little :D

M

Mylkal

Sorry

Sorry, i haven't played regular wc3 in a WHILE so i had no idea what the name was.

Yeah, probaly was Force of Nature =D.

Yeah, you know, the targeting retical for flamestrike. I wanna get something like that for entangle roots and make entangle roots an area of affect. Just decrease the damage and time a lil and add more levels.

DO you know how to change it so that you're hero could get exp from creeps past level 5?

Any reconmendations for max hero level in rpg?
New batch:
How come everytime i try to make a custom ability the name is always in yellow?
How do i take away auto-cast for bloodlust?
I can't get the stupid tooltip to work. Everytime i wanna use my ablility, it only says the name and mana cost o_O?
I want to make bloodlust only target self. I put "self" in targets allowed, but it still has the choosing retical. How do i get it so when you click on the ability, it automatically just makes the caster bloodlusted?

DM Cross

Reaction score
In Gameplay Constants there's a field for XP percentages for each level (from creeps) The last number is 0, so merely change that to say, 10 or 20 and you'll still get XP :)

I answered this question (yellow words)
Answered this one too! (NOT autocasting bloodlust)
Did you try editing the tooltip? :p
Answered this question as well! Wow, you're repeative! :D (Self only blood lust)

Alexander :p

D

DaFishy

woah ...
========
dont make RPG's when youre starters ... even me quite good i make a RPG 1/100 of the terrian and trigger i got headahce ...
========
RPG can be boring .. dont make any gay cheats
========
With that skill .. dont even TRY to make a RPG ..
========
Go play with triggers with unprotected maps and learn slowly ..... k?

Maybe after 1-2 month you can start your VERY BEAUTIFUL INCREADIBLE map ..

DM Cross

Reaction score
DaFishy, you can't really judge people based on what they ask here. Some people are good with some things and bad with others. Here's two examples:

SilverHawk, who is a special member, is very good with triggers. However, he's not great at custom abilities, and has asked quite a few simple questions. That doesn't make him bad at maps, just that he needs some practice with abilities.

Me, on the the other hand, is his complete opposite. He can write triggers that give me headaches >.< while I'm very good with custom abilities and can make them fairly easily.

So keep that in mind next time you post to judge someone...

Alexander

M

Mylkal

Yeah

Yeah, Alexanders right =D.

And plus, i already played around on an unprotected map. I think i can at least try to make one. ANd plus, it counts as pratice =D.

Stuipd custom ability! I CAN'T TAKE AWAY THE FRICKIN AUTOCAST!!

Curses!

DM Cross

Reaction score
You couldn't find it in an Item form?

Also, you COULD possibly create a dummy ability, based off, say...Immolation? and use triggers to do the rest of the stuff. But let's try to use that as our last resort, since that's complicated and not a lot of fun, shall we? :D

Alexander

M

Mylkal

Lol

Lol.

Is it possible to add another ability to a spell?

For example, like give whoever has immolation a bonus to attack speed?

Argh, i don't have wc3 right infront of me right now cause im at my mom's house....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.