Sagas - An RPG, again

G

Gravedigger

how did you make the terrain look so detailed? I've only seen the screenshots, but I didn't even know it was possible to make the terrain look that good.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
That is the only part of the map I haven't done. I knew terrain is a huge deal for maps and if it wasn't done very well it wouldn't be an attractive item for players. So I sought out Krewl Rain, one of the shaman in my guild, she is masterful with art and she designed everything from scratch with only a few words of input, "I want this area dark, this one an icy area" and that was about it. She has done a ton of work in other maps and is phenomenal at what she does.

Here is a link of her profile on our website: Krewl Rain

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
A brief update....3:48AM and I still have to create a loot table for the Goblin Warchief miniboss, finish a few more merchants up, and a few other things. Ill will have this hopefully finished for Sunday evening. Sorry for the delays, but I have a lot to add and make sure its all working...Check out the changelog for everything thats coming.

Ranger Update
Guided Arrow - I almost certainly will change this. I had this primarly geared for PvP but it may be too powerful and I don't think it would be practical as a leveling skill.
Vineshot seems to lag and there is an issue with the graphic placement Ill fix it later

But I'll give some information out about the 2 minibosses. Do not try and solo them, you will die, unless of course you are far over their level, or theres some glitches I'm not aware of. The Impaler is level 17 and does a bit of damage. He has a very special ability too, have fun with that. I would think a team of 3 should be able to kill him, assuming one is a Cleric. The Goblin Warchief is level 29, yes thats twenty nine. I believe I scaled him to properly take on 3 people around level 20, so the same situation. His special ability is very unique as well, I really recommend you paying attention while you fight him. They each have a small chance to drop something nice(5 different items or so per). Simple right? Have fun trying to kill them.

I want to clarify that these are mini bosses and not rare mobs. There is a big difference. Rare mobs are those that you kill a generic unit and the rare mob has a chance to spawn, the mobs are always up given respawn.

Since the rogue's abilities I made are broken at the moment, Ill postpone releasing her until 1.4. I'm still getting some fatal errors on skills.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Released a quick fix, v1.3b. Find the download on the first post.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Public Beta v1.3c - There is no official changelog for this version.

Map cannot be played in single player, you can still play it solo but it must be on B.net or LAN

All of the major problems in 1.3b have been fixed with this version. I hope the desynchs are fixed, I did about 9 tests between my desktop and laptop and neither machine was disconnected, I also did a test on b.net with some of my clan mates.
-Desynchs fixed
-Numerous Balances
-Attributer on Load
-Fixed some item saving issues
-Several spell bugs
-Few cosmetics

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Haven't had much in terms of an update in a while. The v1.4 release is going to have a lot fixed in it, not to mention a bunch of new content. The reason this release is taking so long is a result of the potion system I've been working on. I didn't want to have potions take up an inventory slot, because this would impair the player from having another piece of equipment on. I didn't want to make them stackable because they wouldn't save or backpack very well. I had to come up with something better, so, I did!

Check out this post: Potions!

or

Can you tell whats new?

morno

Reaction score
Looks gr8! my bro most have the comp now.. but after hes done i will test the map :)

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 1.4 is now out. This version has another new zone in it, many many new items (about 80 new ones), numerous fixes, another fix to the experience system, fixes on critical problems with equipment system and the glorious new potion system. As always download is in the forums and the list of changes are in the changelog.

This version took so long because of everything that was added. The changelog for this is the longest one to date, many things were changed.

Download it here: http://steel.nrgservers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127

Or Check the first post in this topic

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
A lot of stuff in RL is taking over much of my time. The next week or so I won't have the ability to work on the map. Ill release another version before I cut out to illustrate the new features I'm adding.

What I've done so far:
-Experience system changed to allow all levels to gain experience.
-Experience values are still diminished upon distance between levels.
-Experience given now tailors itself to the number of players in game.
-Experience given is divided evenly among all players in the area.
-Enemy unit's hitpoints scale according to the number of players in game.
-Creep randomly move about now. Beware!

JakeWC123

Reaction score
hey i played your map. it was good but i foun alota bugs.

First . Sometimes i could carry 3 swords and sometimes i could only carry 1 with same character.

2nd - The Quests Were Messed Up if i completed a Quest some one else could go get my reward.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.